01 summit skid set back

Hallsey

Reaction score
I'm looking to put a longer track on my 01 Summit 144". I was wondering what the maximum skid frame set back would be. Would 6 inches be too
much? I would like to go to a 156" and not have to install rail extentions.
Any ideas? Thanks.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a track up grade like that I think your going to have to buy rail extensions. You can only mount your skid so far back, then it will start causing problems. Even with moving the skid back and a big wheel kit, and freedom axle I don't think your going to get it. Hopefully someone on here may have some info that will work for you!...Good luck:d

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved mine back 3.5" and I wouldn't want to go much farther, would be getting a long way up the tunnel for rear drop brackets.:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved mine back 3.5" and I wouldn't want to go much farther, would be getting a long way up the tunnel for rear drop brackets.:beer:

What he said and if you move the skid too far back there is too much room in the front of the rails for the track to slap and potential to spear the track. If it was me I would go 2" back and get 4" rail extensions. Too long of extensions and you will have too little mechanical advantage over the rear scissor arm, it will sag out too easily (learned that one the hard way).

Top Bottom