“We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem"

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a speech you can see it in the Washington Post a friend showed it to me. I HAD HIM CUT AND PAST IT. YOU ARE RIGHT i SHOULD HAVE PUT MORE INFO IN BUT i AM TO BUSY RIGHT NOW. iF YOU FIND IT COULD YOU PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. Crap cap lock was on to busy to change.
What was the topic the quote was used in?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
“We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem"

What was the topic the quote was used in?

b857b8c643a88fa86449bdfb668c52d3.jpg

I think the context is this...

https://apple.news/AtCXVzYc0TGmUEtsSyaNhKA

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: “We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem"

Tv was just inadvertently on the View... yes by accident not on purpose, the old cows were really ramped up about the orange one it was quite humorous to watch for 2 minutes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tv was just inadvertently on the View... yes by accident not on purpose, the old cows were really ramped up about the orange one it was quite humorous to watch for 2 minutes.
I watch this when I get the chance. I love watching Joy Behar tapping her pencil on the desk when they talk about Trump and start turning red. Sometimes I go on the shows Facebook page and get all the fans triggered by talking about her. Its hilarious!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with his statement, Thats my concern on a lockdown. How long will it last?
This is a double edged sword, cripple the economy or ......... “let this virus play itself out”
I personally think we can keep people working if everyone just would abide by the recommendations, if not than the Govt will take charge.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with his statement, Thats my concern on a lockdown. How long will it last?
This is a double edged sword, cripple the economy or ......... “let this virus play itself out”
I personally think we can keep people working if everyone just would abide by the recommendations, if not than the Govt will take charge.

But it’s spring break bro and I wanna party. You only turn 21 once!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

I watch this when I get the chance. I love watching Joy Behar tapping her pencil on the desk when they talk about Trump and start turning red. Sometimes I go on the shows Facebook page and get all the fans triggered by talking about her. Its hilarious!

You really need a hobby......

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking in another week or ten days, the tight restrictions on movements and personal interactions will remain in select geographic areas with the greatest rate of infections ( New York, California, Florida, and lower mainland and GTA in Canada ), and travel in and out of those areas will be shut down. Lesser hit areas will be allowed to resume normal activity, with strong recommendations for at risk people to remain isolated.
common sense will gain some traction.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking in another week or ten days, the tight restrictions on movements and personal interactions will remain in select geographic areas with the greatest rate of infections ( New York, California, Florida, and lower mainland and GTA in Canada ), and travel in and out of those areas will be shut down. Lesser hit areas will be allowed to resume normal activity, with strong recommendations for at risk people to remain isolated.

I hope your right!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Won't happen. The virus is too widespread at this point, any area with lessened restrictions will just continue to increase in the number of cases until it is locked down.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the best cure is martial law. everyone goes into 100% lockdown. China got his one right. 1 month of house arrest and now they're getting back to work.
If we continue to waffle about, it will sporadically flare up again and again. We have no immunity, it can easily mutate and start killing all ages.
In Africa, thats how they stop the ebola. Villages just lock themselves down. The virus cant spread. Ugly truth, I wouldn't like it either.
I go buggy on a slow Sunday. Imagine a month or more.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you think the USA infection rate and death rate (by percent of population) will be higher or lower than Italy?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at ontarios list of essential services should give alot of comfort to those people financial worries.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you do remember we have Trudy as prime minister?

today he is trying to take complete control of the country till 2021 with one day callback of parliament. i think he needs 20 votes?

Last edited:
Top Bottom