Zx 600 HO Summit Long Track

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a 151" x 15" mountain track on my 2003 ZX 600 HO Summit. Currently I have a 144" x 15" track but I am finding myself in terrain and snow conditions where a longer track would have been an advantage. Any ideas out there if it can be done? Does the 600 HO have enough power to spin a 151" track? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thinking about putting a 151" x 15" mountain track on my 2003 ZX 600 HO Summit. Currently I have a 144" x 15" track but I am finding myself in terrain and snow conditions where a longer track would have been an advantage. Any ideas out there if it can be done? Does the 600 HO have enough power to spin a 151" track? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

HEY BILLY BOY: YOU WILL HAVE TO THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT THAT.... THE ACTUALY FOOT PRINT DIFFERENCE ON THE GROUND BETWEEN A 144 AND 151" IS ONLY 3.5" ACTUAL PRINT ON THE GROUND X 15" WIDE = 52.5 SQUARE INCHES....... THE 600 WILL LOOSE SOME OOMPH FROM THE SLIGHTLY BIGGER TRACK, AND THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO PLAY WITH THE GEARING AND POSSIBLY GET INTO CLUTCHING TO BRING IT BACK INTO ITS MERRY SINGING RPM'S PROPERLY. IF YOU'RE GOING TO DOO THAT, WHY NOT INSTALL A 144 X 16" TRACK UNDER THE ZX..... THEY POP RIGHT IN AND JUST HAVE TO WATCH THE BOLT HEAD CLEARANCES. THIS WOULD GIVE YOU APPROXIMATELY 60 SQUARE INCHES OF ACTUAL TRACK FOOTPRINT ON THE GROUND --- MUCH BETTER FLOATATION WITH A 16" WIDE THAN A 15" WIDE TRACK........... IF YOU REALLY WANNA GO, THEN DOO A 16" X 151" TRACK, AND THEN GEARING AND CLUTCHING CHANGES WILL DEFINATELY BE REQUIRED... BUT YOU COULD ALSO PUT ON EXTERNAL DRIVERS AND LOOSEN UP THE TRACK..... HAPPY "MODDING" BILLY BOY(AND IT WILL NEVER END THERE, TRUST ME) .......... PERSONALLY I WOULD GO WITH THE 144X16" TRACK(LEAST AMOUNT OF WORK REQUIRED).............. JUST MY 5CENTS WORTH

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Billy Boy, for sure the 600 will spin that track. You will need a tunnel and rail extension. You may want to contact
Pure Addiction Motor Sports, Inc.
Rory Streb
3900 101 Street
Edmonton, AB
Phone: 780-405-3458
Fax: 780-437-2757
Email: rory@motorsportaddiction.com

Thanks,

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built a 670 MXZ mod and had to do the tunnel/rail extention junk. I'd never do it again.:doh: You are buying a track either way; so I'd guess the 151" will likely end up doubling your cost, and personally I think in the end the 16 wide 144" will get ya every bit as far up the hill as a 15 wide 151" under a stock 600. If you are happy with the clutching/gearing set-up you have now, a tooth or 2 in the chaincase, or even a clicker adjustment would likely be all the change required with the 144X16. Just my opinion.:twocents:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Zx 600 HO Summit "WIDE" Track

Yup, I'm With Shredder..... No Mods Required To Install The 144x16" Track And If You Look Around There Are "new" Take-offs At The Dealers Still(AT GREAT PRICES)...... You Could Check Mr. R's In Milo, I Know He Had A Dozen "new" Take-off Tracks Last Time I Was There. Let Us All Know How You Make Out!!!

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the 144" x 16" is the way to go. Although the 151 x 16 sounds interesting (I know there would be tunnel and rail extensions but with the clutching and gear modifications I am a unshure of what to do there??) Back to the 144" x 16" I just need to know what is involved with the bolt head clearances and what I have to do to get around that problem? I noticed that Mr R's has a 144" x 16" light track for sale (may be a road trip in the future??). Also thinking of putting extrovert drivers on since everthing is going to be tore apart it would be a good time to do that. Going with the 144 x 16 makes more sense because there would be less modifications. Thanks for the info it has been very informative.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That track should fit right in there. You may need to slightly grind a few rivits but I bet not. There is very little clearance required.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the 144" x 16" is the way to go. Although the 151 x 16 sounds interesting (I know there would be tunnel and rail extensions but with the clutching and gear modifications I am a unshure of what to do there??) Back to the 144" x 16" I just need to know what is involved with the bolt head clearances and what I have to do to get around that problem? I noticed that Mr R's has a 144" x 16" light track for sale (may be a road trip in the future??). Also thinking of putting extrovert drivers on since everthing is going to be tore apart it would be a good time to do that. Going with the 144 x 16 makes more sense because there would be less modifications. Thanks for the info it has been very informative.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:Looks like I am going to have to put the long track project on hold untill next fall. Just discovered I have some serious tranny problems with the Ford truck which needs my immediate attention and money!!!!!! Thanks for the info I have saved the replies and they are filed in my todo list.

Top Bottom