ZR200 on its first ride with the kids

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So attended the Calgary Snowmobile Club Poker Run last weekend and we rode with another 200cc machine. The club set out an easier small family loop which was awesome as it shortened the ride a bit and kept our slower crew out of direct interaction with the faster sleds for much of the day. Once again we put on about 40km on these little units and it was awesome to see how much better they are when you have that kind of groomed/packed trail along with a little more willingness to hit the gas. Many times I looked back to see how my daughter was doing coming up the hill behind me to see her right behind me having no problems keeping up. Bumps are not to much of an issue apparently as when asked about the best part of the ride the response was - heading back to the staging area where the trail got a bit bumpy - "I stood up and hit the gas full, kind of embarrassing as the seat was hitting my bum but it was fun so i didn't care".

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything to add to your review? My oldest is physically too big to ride his 120 next year. Debating on looking for a 200 for him as he isn't big enough to move to our freestyle.

Anyone paying less than retail for these? Curious how much room there is to move. Not sure I want to look for a 18 or wait for the elec start in 19.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 200's where pretty much all pre sold at shops. you might get lucky and find one used but I wouldn't expect to pay much less than sticker price.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had another day out at Cataract Creek yesterday and very impressed with the hills this sled can climb. Its no speed demon going up but if you have any base from a groomer it really digs in and goes. I am also surprised with the agility that my daughter is gaining on this sled as its not throwing her around - the 200 pound weight along with a full real suspension made her able to navigate multiple blown in drifts that were small car size - something I have seen riders fail at after many years of riding. I might upgrade next year as this machine has done wonders for the confidence and fast learning but if not we will still have tons of fun next season on this unit. Dont regret this purchase for a second.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 200's where pretty much all pre sold at shops. you might get lucky and find one used but I wouldn't expect to pay much less than sticker price.

Might have gotten lucky...found 2 new in crate still...i would expect in March a dealer to hopefully move from MSRP so he could fill his quota for 19s but could be dreaming...see how it goes

Hes bored with his 120 already...got stuck a number of times trying to wrong foot forward a sidehill on some snow I moved this week...at this pace he's as good as I am!!

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy tagged me in some for sale in states just across border used but $2800 usd. Even converted that might be worth looking. I’ll see if I can find pict and post

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
d40247fd70edb561f22360e9638deab2.jpg

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry came home with a new ZR200 this year and put my 7 year old on it. We literally couldn't get her off! My 5 year old liked it too, but not as much as my 7 year old. They were asking me to go to Grandpas to ride the new sled nearly daily haha

When it came time to sell it, because it was the last one in our inventory she was heartbroken. Terry has snowchecked a new purple one for her next year! (Grandpa of the year!) She's going to sh!!T pickles next fall when she sees it!!

I LOVED it because it was way more manoeuvrable than the 120. Aedyn could corner that thing like it was on rails, where as the 120 didn't steer as well - physically, the size was great, both kids could double no problem. I could double with one and tow the other on the toboggan. I am extra looking forward to electric start!

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have gotten lucky...found 2 new in crate still...i would expect in March a dealer to hopefully move from MSRP so he could fill his quota for 19s but could be dreaming...see how it goes

Hes bored with his 120 already...got stuck a number of times trying to wrong foot forward a sidehill on some snow I moved this week...at this pace he's as good as I am!!

Not sure why, but the quotes I've gotten so far, on average put the Yamaha about $400 more than the Cat once you account for and include the $250 Cat is giving as a Snow Check incentive. I personally prefer the Yamaha colors and graphics, but not $400 more....odd they are built side by side and the cost is that different. Yamaha is including a 2 year warranty on their rig, but that really doesn't interest me as I doubt I will need the extra warranty on these. Debated on looking out of province to save the tax, but thinking I'd rather support a local dealer,

Top Bottom