xm spindles

schiermnultra

Reaction score
Just wondering how much difference the new xm spindles would make on a 2008 154 xp. Any one have any thoughts on ease of steering? Also just installed the s-36 kit on this sled. Thought the two may go hand in hand.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
hmm. well in the BRP catalogue they offer an update kit with the 2013 xm spindles and the new pilot ds 2 mountain skis for about $500 or so and jumoing back and forth between my bros xp and my xm, the xm is light and silky smooth and the xp feels like a work out. could it be the rear suspension that makes it feel front heavy on the steering?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Bro did not change there chassis molds for the xm. The pick up points are the same. Hell I got 2012 chassis parts on my 08:)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the XM spindle angle is 4 degrees less than the previous XP's. The spindle angle change with the DS2 ski makes for a lighter feeling front end.

Yes the S-36 and the XM spindle/ski upgrade will change the way your sled handles and go hand in hand.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
Thanks bounce. Kinda what I thought. Gonna have to do this cause there is a pretty big difference swapping between the two sleds.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks bounce. Kinda what I thought. Gonna have to do this cause there is a pretty big difference swapping between the two sleds.

The post being more forward on the XM is a more noticeable change for me. I did the post forward brackets in my '12 and it changed the way I rode the sled quite a bit in off camber situations.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
ya i agree with that aswell. was going to do the same but never got around to finding a kit. looked at putting some freeride parts in and was gonna be more work then i thought it would be worth knowing i was getting an xm.

Top Bottom