XDeck rear rail welds cracking, advice?

MolsonX

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 7' XDeck sled deck with their extension on the back and the welds where the rear rail connects to the original deck are cracking. Is anyone else having this issue, if so what did you do to fix it? I'm thinking about welding a triangular piece onto the square tubing that connects to the back of the deck. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

B-Mac

Reaction score
How old is your deck? I have had an older x-deck and now a newer one and they have started building them exactly how you described to fix it. They beefed up the rear rail by welding another piece of aluminum under the square tubing. Let me know if you want some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MolsonX

Reaction score
This deck is 2 years old I believe. I haven't talked to a dealer or anything yet. Here's some pictures.

I was thinking about welding another piece close to the top, one on each side of the square.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just get it welded up. Every deck that I have owned has cracked, and I have owned a couple of brands of decks. Aluminum does not flex like steel so it is more ridged and tends to crack and break.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

B-Mac

Reaction score
This deck is 2 years old I believe. I haven't talked to a dealer or anything yet. Here's some pictures.

I was thinking about welding another piece close to the top, one on each side of the square.

Ya, those are the extra support they put on them in your pictures. Older models didnt have those and the back rails folded down a few of them from what i heard. Unfortunately the fix didnt make it bullet proof but at least they tried.

Top Bottom