Wont rev past 6200 rpm

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the belt off the sled and it wont run past 6200 rpm. The dealer just adjusted the TPS sensor. Any ideas?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try plugging the hoses to the exhaust valves. There may be a problem with the solenoid valve.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I will try that when I get it back together. It seems like its hitting a rev limiter.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
My 2013 800 cfi is doing the same thing along with quite a few others that ive asked. Once i let off then punch it again it works for a while thrn same thing happens. Also noticed it kept doing it worse when id have the sled on its side doing nuts when i crack on it. Possible loose wire some where also?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2013 800 cfi is doing the same thing along with quite a few others that ive asked. Once i let off then punch it again it works for a while thrn same thing happens. Also noticed it kept doing it worse when id have the sled on its side doing nuts when i crack on it. Possible loose wire some where also?

That almost sounds like a broken primary spring. Do you get a check engine light when it won't rev?

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The primary on mine is fine. Plus primary spring wouldn't affect a belt off situation.

snowhunter

Reaction score
Um yes a primary spring would affect a belt off situation even with no belt ur still relying on ur weights bushings and springs something could be binding miles means nothing on a Polaris primary I've had to rebuild some with 800 miles they were completely hooped just a suggestion good luck

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um yes a primary spring would affect a belt off situation even with no belt ur still relying on ur weights bushings and springs something could be binding miles means nothing on a Polaris primary I've had to rebuild some with 800 miles they were completely hooped just a suggestion good luck

Oh, i thought it wouldn't because there is no load of the belt engaging on the engine so it should be free to rev.

Haha if I pulled my whole turbo system off because I couldn't find the problem and it turns out to be a primary. I will laugh and kind of cry at the same time lol

Now I am going to drive home from work to check haha

snowhunter

Reaction score
Well I hope that's not it then but I never count out a primary lol I had one 750 miles would only pull 7100rpm threw the belt off same thing I had done pins and buttons turns out it was the sliding half bushing binding to the shaft they put a whole new motor in on warranty and turns out it was a bushing lol

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ran home and pulled it apart. Everything looks fine. Just waiting for the stock carb boots and air box to show up than I will throw that stuff on and try again.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a stock air box and boots everything that I took off mine when I turbo it if yr interested

Thanks. I have some free ones coming on the bus that Adrenaline motorsports had sitting around in their shop. Should of got them to send the stock can also. Oh well, I can buy a aftermarket one.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which turbo system u got and what year is your sled? I had the same problem this year and I was running straight av gas on my 2013, the av gas messed up my fuel pump, now I mix 15 litres of av gas and 5 liters of premium and it fixes my sled.

Littledoo10

Reaction score
I wish i checked this post sooner, im pretty sure its not a primary spring broked cause when i broke mine in my xp it just straight up wouldnt rev and would bang like a midget hammerin inside a barrel. This issue here seems on and off, 80% of the time its good lately then $hits the bed. Ill still check it and see though. Would it even be something as simple as a bad belt? I still am running the same belt that i had on when i drug my buddy's m8 out of salmon 2 weeks ago lol it looked a little glazed when i checked it before the ride on sunday and still worked fine till near the end. Yeah i would also get a check engine light maybe 3 times since it started doing this. When i did go to unload it after my 160mile check up it wouldnt rev up enough to engauge the clutch and would die when i tried to burp it but then it randomly started working and had no issues for around 100miles. I know they check the tps adjustment in that check up, maybe they played with it and never put it down on the service order?

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am waiting on stock parts to get mine going again. I have pretty much wrote off sledding for this season.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at 3000' running 94octane. Yeah I would get the blue grn but only blip across the screen . As 6000rpm didn't require must to maintain on a field lol

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is that silber kit, u should take that boost pressure sensor out of the left side of your secondaries injector manifold and put a hose on the end as start the sled and pressure up that sensor with a compressor and insure u get the blue lights and the sled should stall out when the aux injectors turn on

Top Bottom