Winter quad riding around Edmonton?

Chooki11

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my first quad. Hey no clue where to ride, legally, around Edmonton. Any trails out there for winter rides? Would like to go tomorrow as it will be really nice. Thanks for any response.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud! Quadding in winter is a hoot but stay clear of groomed snowmobile trails. Two of the closest places you can ride in winter would be Redwater and Bruderheim. You can also try the Iron Horse trail. Check out the Favorite Riding Areas in the ATV section for more information and directions.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site....Winter riding is great

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the snow is anything like it is down here, plan on being stuck alot.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud! Quadding in winter is a hoot but stay clear of groomed snowmobile trails. Two of the closest places you can ride in winter would be Redwater and Bruderheim. You can also try the Iron Horse trail. Check out the Favorite Riding Areas in the ATV section for more information and directions.

Yes, please stay off the groomed trails.....The iron horse does get groomed in the winter by the local clubs so best to stay off of that one for now.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, please stay off the groomed trails.....The iron horse does get groomed in the winter by the local clubs so best to stay off of that one for now.

I believe in respecting the snowmobile trails, but the Iron Horse is a funny one. It is multiuse and ATV's have every right to be on it. While I can respect that the snowmobile clubs invest money into grooming it, it doesn't seem fair that the clubs can unofficially "claim" it during winter by grooming it.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe in respecting the snowmobile trails, but the Iron Horse is a funny one. It is multiuse and ATV's have every right to be on it. While I can respect that the snowmobile clubs invest money into grooming it, it doesn't seem fair that the clubs can unofficially "claim" it during winter by grooming it.

We don't take sleds on it during the summer....so we're even.....lol

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its kind of a majority thing i would think as to what should be using the trail system for the season. Put tracks on and no worries on groomed trail.

Top Bottom