Winter Begins

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I called it,,,, best days can be in April when the wuzzies hang up their helmets....

Castle ski resort got 50plus cms in 24 hours with more to come

fernie got 45cm
golden got 50cm

BRRAAAAaaaaPPPP

Heading out on friday where ever the sun is shining... Summit X are we rolling on the deck or what? Anyone else coming to play

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
castle got some great snow up at mid to top of the mountain down below was solid rain maybe call inn on the border see what they report castle and fernie well any ski hill does tend to lie and since I have lived there for 15 years i have seen the exaggeration of snow but should be good once you get up past the first few lease sites and start getting up the pass

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
castle got some great snow up at mid to top of the mountain down below was solid rain maybe call inn on the border see what they report castle and fernie well any ski hill does tend to lie and since I have lived there for 15 years i have seen the exaggeration of snow but should be good once you get up past the first few lease sites and start getting up the pass

yes very true,, pizzing rain down low...... ski hill lies but I have friends out at castle

are you showing us around on friday,, some new local fernie spots or what???

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
working an angle on it still... if i roll though, for sure lets use the deck.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I was coming back down to castle this weekend but of course it is on the weekend that I still have a scored piston :realmad: so enjoy that snow boys!!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly recomend going past morrissey staging area and continue down the lodgepole to the wigwam or ram creek and go down that way into couldrey creek absoluting amazing back there and no one back there also try and get into the lodgepole then down past the middle kootenay pass into the akamina kishinea area that is great as well hopefully this helps get you into some new untracked areas

Also Fernie bound on Friday. Not sure exactly where yet. Any suggestions?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i should mention that the wigwam does a giant loop of itself if you go to the end and follow some of the tracks in it should bring you to couldrey creek area if u wanna do some nice climbs or even just play in some open or treed meadows go play down there forsure u will love it

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a few buddies will be hitting fernie on friday for sure, don't know where we are going to ride, but should be good snow.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20 MORE CMS LAST NIGHT

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

its going to be good

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go over the middle kootnay pass from castle and keep going it meets up with the other areas,If u bye the map from fernie snowmobile asscocation it has it all on there.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
Castle

Wet and slushy down low. Trail is disappearing. Higher up we found lots of new snow, but it is setting up very fast. Mostly wet heavy stuff. Not nearly as good as the reports make it sound. A few nice areas left if you look hard enough, but the trail sucks :(

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Castle

Wet and slushy down low. Trail is disappearing. Higher up we found lots of new snow, but it is setting up very fast. Mostly wet heavy stuff. Not nearly as good as the reports make it sound. A few nice areas left if you look hard enough, but the trail sucks :(

Where was this? Corbin?

Doesn't sound promising.. :(

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I might ride Fernie on Saturday. Good chance they'll be getting a substantial dump late Friday and if that hits, should be good on Saturday. If anyone hits Fernie today or tomorrow, please post conditions.

Top Bottom