winch?

PowderMafia

Reaction score
Website
www.lubedealer.com
I am probably in the market for a new winch and just want to know if anyone knows of any great deals or ideas, my winch is a warn 2.5CI and would like the same or the new xt30 or possibly a Ramsey winch. what are your thoughts.
Thanks

500 King

Reaction score
I am probably in the market for a new winch and just want to know if anyone knows of any great deals or ideas, my winch is a warn 2.5CI and would like the same or the new xt30 or possibly a Ramsey winch. what are your thoughts.
Thanks

I have the XT30, and I'm happy so far. I've had several Warns on various quads, and they have worked well for me. Fortunately, I never had any of the Warns with plastic gears.

Anyhow, you really have to shop around... look for sales and discount coupons. When I bought mine last winter, I found it on sale with free shipping and found a 20% discount coupon. I paid around $350 (US) and I installed it myself. The dealer wanted $600 for the same winch and installation.

If I didn't want to spend the money on a Warn or Ramsey, I would probably buy a Viper Elite. However, I'm not as fond of the their contactor (it's huge), and I don't think their remove is wireless. However, without question, they have the best customer service.

I'm not sure the Viper is available in CA?

Good luck.

grizzlydave

Reaction score
If your quad is already equipped with a warn, I would just but the replacement drum for the new 2500/3000 rt/xt winch. I got mine for about $250. they come with just the drum, you don't get cable, fairlead, mounting plate, solenoid or switch. you use all the parts off your old winch. but they do have the steel gears and they are cheap. If i remember right the part # is 74915

The xt/rt2500 and the xt/rt3000 are also the same winch. the only difference is the guage of wire being used to power the unit. 2500 lbs winches use 8 guage wire, while the 3000lbs winches use 6 guage wire.

Top Bottom