Will it work ?

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to weld up my broken 2011 drive shaft and be durable ? Thinking it would need to be welded up perfectly straight to stay balanced in the bearing, but the way it snapped out of the bevel it may not be to difficult to do. Snapped of course on the drive side, and a new shaft is 5 hundo.
IMG_3566.jpg IMG_3565.JPG

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be pretty tricky to get it perfectly inline again. If it's out much at ill I think it will fatigue and fail again.... I can't see the weld being as strong as it was before and it failed the first time so I'm not so sure it would be reliable. Just my thoughts. Maybe it could be done though.

Sent from my iPhone using

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to weld up my broken 2011 drive shaft and be durable ? Thinking it would need to be welded up perfectly straight to stay balanced in the bearing, but the way it snapped out of the bevel it may not be to difficult to do. Snapped of course on the drive side, and a new shaft is 5 hundo.
View attachment 168619View attachment 168620

Couldnt a company that welds drive shafts for cars do it? They rotate and need to be balanced.

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
I would think it would be pretty tricky to get it perfectly inline again. If it's out much at ill I think it will fatigue and fail again.... I can't see the weld being as strong as it was before and it failed the first time so I'm not so sure it would be reliable. Just my thoughts. Maybe it could be done though.

X2

Sent while I'm killing time at work

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

x3.... if you did get it welded and it wasn't perfect the vibration would probalbly cause issues elsewhere in your drivetrain and end up costing you more money. Maybe check the BDX website and see how much for a higher quality replacement. 500 seems pretty pricey.

ltw

Reaction score
What is the dimensions and spec as I may have a brand new one for you. 2.86 drivers.

Top Bottom