Who do you recommend to call for getting Heli'd out?

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, just trying to compile some information....who do you recommend/ what are the options out there for being heli'd out of somewhere if you have issues? I'm looking for info on the revy area.

Thanks again

In Revy there is only one heli to use in my opinion and that is Selkirk Helicopters,both Jamie and Chris are two very helpful pilots and know the areas around Revy better than most.
I have called them for lots of people in the past and for myself last weekend:eek:
You also get a Tshirt from them saying that sleds can fly.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
www.pixelperfectphotography.ca
In Revy there is only one heli to use in my opinion and that is Selkirk Helicopters,both Jamie and Chris are two very helpful pilots and know the ares around Revy better than most.
I have called them for lots of people in the past and for myself last weekend:eek:
You also get a Tshirt from them saying that sleds can fly.
Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! Do you happen to have the contact numbers for them?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAOyQRttco&feature=related[/media]

yip. i know all about selkirks. lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you are in the Fernie area this quote is from another thread....

It is Greg Goodison and his company name is Ascent Helicopters, Fernie BC 250-423-1443.

Put that number in your cell phone and hope that when you need it you have cell phone coverage.

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
If you are in the Fernie area this quote is from another thread....

It is Greg Goodison and his company name is Ascent Helicopters, Fernie BC 250-423-1443.

Put that number in your cell phone and hope that when you need it you have cell phone coverage.

Thanks, I'm not a huge fan of the Fernie area but friends of ours are so it will be a good number to have. I am just in the process of researching whether or not to invest in a SPOT2 or a satellite phone. Not sure which is the better option.I like the idea of the SPOT but I have read some not so nice reviews of it.

Boblikesfun

Reaction score
I would be interested to know the approx charge for a lift out from say Turbo Hill at Boulder to the parking lot.

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
Ya to know the prices would be nice. My boyfriend just about needed to call one today and it made me realize that we have been a little naive to not have numbers on us in case we ever needed it. Does anyone know the prices? Approximately? I'd also be interested in knowing how much it costs to rent a chopper for the day, or afternoon. Probably an arm and a leg.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya to know the prices would be nice. My boyfriend just about needed to call one today and it made me realize that we have been a little naive to not have numbers on us in case we ever needed it. Does anyone know the prices? Approximately? I'd also be interested in knowing how much it costs to rent a chopper for the day, or afternoon. Probably an arm and a leg.

About 500 bucks in revy..the further they fly the more it is...I have heard some as high as 800 for longer flights in other areas..

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw about $1000hr minimum, when I did copilot back in the late '80's it was $1500hr for a Bell 204 and $800hr for a Hughes 500D.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Selkirks minimum charge is 540.00.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that just the flat rate to take off and then they charge you for how far in you are or how far in abouts does that cover you for? Or do you know?

I got helicoptered off of Boulder last weekend,from Sugar Bowl.When I got down to their hanger they said that this was the minimum charge and that it went up from there.
If you do end up needing a lift out make sure you know exactly where you are or have good GPS coordinates,if they have to look around for you it can get pricey.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pay $1200 an hour plus fuel for a 206 jet ranger. There are others that are cheaper but take longer when slinging gear in.
What are others hourly rates?

PixelPerfectPhotography

Reaction score
Website
I got helicoptered off of Boulder last weekend,from Sugar Bowl.When I got down to their hanger they said that this was the minimum charge and that it went up from there.
If you do end up needing a lift out make sure you know exactly where you are or have good GPS coordinates,if they have to look around for you it can get pricey.

So $540 from Sugar Bowl? Thats not to bad. Ya we always ride with our GPS so thats not a problem. I don't blame them for charging you if they have to try and find you.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So $540 from Sugar Bowl? Thats not to bad. Ya we always ride with our GPS so thats not a problem. I don't blame them for charging you if they have to try and find you.

They do have it on the clock,they said they would charge me 180.00 more if they had too come back too pick me up.I saved my money and got doubled out though...lol

Top Bottom