where to mount a muff pot on a pro rmk

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting your muff pots on the pros, besides buying a cooker can

thanks Shawn

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on top of the can around the exhaust springs. Only problem is the food takes a while to get warm. If the top of the hood came off then you could access the Y pipe and put it where it should be. I just have to put the food on a little earlier and ride harder when i'm cooking.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on top of the can around the exhaust springs. Only problem is the food takes a while to get warm. If the top of the hood came off then you could access the Y pipe and put it where it should be. I just have to put the food on a little earlier and ride harder when i'm cooking.

My husband tried to outsmart the system by microwaving his Bistro pockets in the morning and then ridig around with them in. They did cook all the way thru, and get somewhat closer to hot, but he also gave himself a wicked case of food poisoning. My advice: buy a cooker can or pack a sandwich!!

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
My husband tried to outsmart the system by microwaving his Bistro pockets in the morning and then ridig around with them in. They did cook all the way thru, and get somewhat closer to hot, but he also gave himself a wicked case of food poisoning. My advice: buy a cooker can or pack a sandwich!!

or ride harder. but the pro do take a while to cook anything when the muffpot is mounted by the can

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or ride harder. but the pro do take a while to cook anything when the muffpot is mounted by the can

It is the location of the cooker, not the rider. He rides plenty hard:

395805_10151311774565252_1552544752_n.jpg 425225_10151311767690252_814772956_n.jpg

sledhead80

Reaction score
Do you have a aftermarket pipe? Or did u just mount it over top of that little bit of insulated pipe? Or trim the insulation back a bit. Thought about there but it's over top of the insulation

I actually moved it back about an inch from this picture, back being towards the chaincase. Just so I could get it out easier. I did not trim any insulation and it actually sits off the pipe about a 1/4 of an inch in the middle. But I find it only takes about 2.5 to 3 hours of riding to cook smokeys. So I throw some in at the trail head in the am and then some in mid day and have hot food all day long!!! Works great!!! I also like to warm up dry ribs too.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine's mounted just after the Y, a little awkward but can be reached via side panel above the clutches. It's very hot in this location needs to be insulated from the pipe a bit.

How fast does it cook there? something you throw in in the morning up the 30km Rensahw trail or something you throw in and do a few hill climb and shes smokin?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TKrebs it's hard to explain in terms of cooking time. I can say on my XP Muffpot mounted on the exhaust can elbow with no tinfoil pad it would hardly warm the food over a couple hours. With the tinfoil pad trick it was perfect, a couple hours into the ride it had thawed and cooked to the point of just starting to brown the bottom shell of frozen burritos for example. If I left stuff in their all day it would continue to cook but not to the point of burning.

By comparison with the Hotpot on my Pro just after the Y (note Hotpot not Muffpot - different design here so not direct comparison) I have to be careful because a couple hours in burritos would be starting to burn on the bottom. Guessing it would incinerate food if left all day.

Suggest leave yours at the can elbow and try the tinfoil per the other thread.

Last edited:

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive tried on my can elbow and where the pipe meets the can. tried wrapping the smokies in parchment paper rather then tinfoil. i cant hardly get them warm even with them in all day. Id like to be able to throw something in and have it ready withtin 20-30mins of riding. I think ill try it in the same spot as your picture above as long as i can get my hand in there to pop the container off easy without burning myself.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying the SledShed Cooker can and its quiet as hell. I'm pretty dissappointed. Hopefully it gets louder as it gets broken in.

HCR800<3

Reaction score
So without an aftermarket can on the sled, where would be the next best place to mount it? After the Y? I am looking to buy one for my parents pros but I don't want to make it a hassle for them to get it on and use it. And I am pretty sure there is like next to no room by the stock can.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So without an aftermarket can on the sled, where would be the next best place to mount it? After the Y? I am looking to buy one for my parents pros but I don't want to make it a hassle for them to get it on and use it. And I am pretty sure there is like next to no room by the stock can.

I just tryed it on the area just past my Ypipe. It's gets really hot there and it's kinda hard to get at. Melted my jacket pretty good. On top of that it must be getting so hot that my hose clamp comes loose everything. I've had my hood off 4 times today. I'm gonna try adding another hose clamp and tightening the snot out of them.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use springs instead on hose clamps. They provide constant tension. My SWB Assualt has it just after the Y and my pro has it on top of thwe SLP Can.
Both being held in place with springs and never have a problem. SWB is about 1/2HOUR TO COOK ANYTHING. PRO is 45 to 1:00 to cook anything, unless im in 3ft of powder its 1/2 the time.

Top Bottom