Where to get a tunnel welded

97summit

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where I can get the back of the tunnel welded. I have a two inch crack on each side where the snow flap mounts on.

Thanks

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Roughly 90th St. and Yellowhead Trail. Ask for Don Hinecker, and say that his old neighbor Doug from Belmont St referred you

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where I can get the back of the tunnel welded. I have a two inch crack on each side where the snow flap mounts on.

Thanks
Don't no what sled u have but look at the back of the tunnel u may be able to drill the rivots out and install a after market tunnel extesion cheaper than welding it. I've had a tunnel welded before and the weld held but it cracked again beside the weld so the next time I put a tunnel extention on. Plus good luck getting a welder without waiting a week or 2 but u can get a tunnel extention from most custom shops for a lot cheaper and then just a few tools and your time.

longpull01

Reaction score
How many welds do ya see on a tunnel next to nothing. Drill holes and rivet the weld will be to solid and will keep cracking out a tunnel is riveted so it can flex and not fail. Been welding for 10 years and I will not weld on a tunnel it's like welding to a truck frame, it can be done but it's not wise. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using

97summit

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Busy with work right now, so guess that I have to put some more thought in to it, as which way to go..

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll trust a guy who has been welding for 25-30 years, and owns his own shop!

Top Bottom