Where to buy ATV stereo?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few who built their own by mounting an amp and marine speakers in their quad box and then running an MP3 player jack to their handle bars. They get the cheapest MP3 players they can get their hands on so they don't have to worry about getting it muddy.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run an atv stereo on my rzr , picked it up at visions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few who built their own by mounting an amp and marine speakers in their quad box and then running an MP3 player jack to their handle bars. They get the cheapest MP3 players they can get their hands on so they don't have to worry about getting it muddy.

cus it happens lol. bought the kimpex deluxe box and with speakers, amp, cords I think was about 500.00

Attachments

• IMG_00000109.jpg
    IMG_00000109.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 231

Remoth

Reaction score
I picked up the Atv25b off of eBay for a little over 200. Comes with bluetooth so I can use my phone in a pelican case. Excited to try it out today. Seems plenty Loud enough.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just picked up a set of ssv speakers from utv and then ordered this
Pyle - PLMRMP4A - Marine Audio & Video - Amplifiers i got it from amazon.ca with shipping for just over 100
I put that one in my golf cart, it works pretty decent. I had to run it from the ignition power, there's no other way to shut it off other than rigging a power switch. I originally wired it to the battery, if my cart sat for a few weeks it would drain it dead

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put that one in my golf cart, it works pretty decent. I had to run it from the ignition power, there's no other way to shut it off other than rigging a power switch. I originally wired it to the battery, if my cart sat for a few weeks it would drain it dead

Yeah I was thinking of putting it on a switch as well as putting in a main disconnect in the machine ...did you have any problems with the amp ??? I'm not expecting much from it as it's only 100 bucks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of putting it on a switch as well as putting in a main disconnect in the machine ...did you have any problems with the amp ??? I'm not expecting much from it as it's only 100 bucks

no, I've had no problems with it whatsoever. works great, I also installed a 12v cig lighter plug to keep the device charged while playing tunes. great bang for the buck, I think I paid around a hundy for it as well on ebay

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same Pyle (of junk) amp in my old RZR. It works all right, but keep it dry...they call it a marine unit, but they aren't waterproof at all. They're simple, in that you don't need a head unit, and they come with a waterproof bag for your iPhone, but they don't have a whole lot of punch to them. I have a 4 speaker SSV system in my wife's RZR...not a fan of that either, so I built a system for my buggy using an EMP stereo/2 speaker console, and a Polaris 2 speaker rear console, Sony marine deck (no CD player...just a tray that holds the iPhone), and 4 Kicker 6.5" marine speakers. It works awesome. Way better than the SSV.

Attachments

• IMG_2920 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_2920 (1024x768).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 73

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same Pyle (of junk) amp in my old RZR. It works all right, but keep it dry...they call it a marine unit, but they aren't waterproof at all. They're simple, in that you don't need a head unit, and they come with a waterproof bag for your iPhone, but they don't have a whole lot of punch to them. I have a 4 speaker SSV system in my wife's RZR...not a fan of that either, so I built a system for my buggy using an EMP stereo/2 speaker console, and a Polaris 2 speaker rear console, Sony marine deck (no CD player...just a tray that holds the iPhone), and 4 Kicker 6.5" marine speakers. It works awesome. Way better than the SSV.

Well your not giving me much hope here lol ... I plan on mounting it in the glove box figuring that would be the driest place ... im hoping with only two speakers it will sound ok

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool setup, buddy has the SSV 4 speaker setup in his rzr, it sounds kinda tinny. I used the kicker pxi 50.2 unit in my SXS, it has a tiny 2" x 4" waterproof control panel that runs an ipod. plugged that unit into a 500w amp running two wakeboard tower speakers. I just got an SSV sub enclosure, 750w mono amp, and a 10" kicker marine sub to help out with some thump. I wonder if marine means submersible....gonna find out anyways lol

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That would pound pretty good. I put two of those kicker marine speakers in my boat and just ran them off the head unit. And that sounded good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom