What's with the crappy diesel...

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again here I am changing 2 fuel filters in less than a month because of crappy fuel fuel being sold at the pumps.......... :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where you stopping for your fuel Wrangler?? Is it the same station?
nice to know which ones to look out for.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i buy fuel out of town i always use the same stores that have not given me any trouble, i use the husky in hinton and co op card lock in vale for diesel bring own gas for sleds in jerry cans.:D

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last bad tank of fuel was purchased at Petro-Canada in Hinton (Mar 22 08), same place I stop everytime I'm coming west......

Engine performance was noticed before we got to the "East Jasper Park Gate..." Fuel economy sucked (drove 120 km approx & used a 1/4 tank of fuel, this should have returned 250 / 300 km) until filters were changed in MacKenzie at the Shell station.

Ended up changing both fuel filters again...

The 1st bad tank of fuel was purchased from Husky on 86st and 153 Ave (approx address) in for my mid February McBride trip..

where you stopping for your fuel Wrangler?? Is it the same station?
nice to know which ones to look out for.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard about a couple of bad fuel issues with the perto can cardlock in whitecourt maybe one place to stay away from.
I have always used UFA cardlock all over alberta and never had a problem.
I also use esso service station in G.P. for the work truck never a issue.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not saying it wasnt bad fuel but the chances are a lot higher that is your fuel filter,I'v had fuel filter problems over the years but been lucky enough not to have had bad fuel that has caused me any grief.I finally started changing my fuel filter on a schedule every 20.000 Km and have yet to have had a problem.Hoping its not just Luck!
catmando!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
In my case the fuel filter had been changed 3,000 km before buy and reputable service station...if you can really say that about my buddy Summitric???lol
Not saying it wasnt bad fuel but the chances are a lot higher that is your fuel filter,I'v had fuel filter problems over the years but been lucky enough not to have had bad fuel that has caused me any grief.I finally started changing my fuel filter on a schedule every 20.000 Km and have yet to have had a problem.Hoping its not just Luck!
catmando!

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Catmando

Your ideas are have merrit.

I change all my fuel filters every spring and fall (2 filters plus cleaning the primary separation bowl). Which roughly equates to your schedule.

I've used this procedure for 10 years and never had a plugged line, frozen line, plugged filters, etc.... (I also use conditioner with every tank of fuel).

I've never had a bad filters from Cummins and Baldwin...

I strongly doubt the filters.... are the issue when you remove them and see physical clumps of wax on the filter fins.....

catmando!

Top Bottom