whats the best blue book website?

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with LHF, check what the particular models are listing for in your area on kijiji.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I price units I usually go to Alberta Kijiji even though we live in BC. I'm sorry to say, because the Alberta economy has been so impacted by it's current provincial leadership many individuals and dealerships are blowing out units that effect the overall resale value of all powersport units. The difference can be thousands of dollars, from what a seller feels it's worth (based upon what he's paid or has invested into it) but the truth is in the unit prices offered in the general market place. I search out all units available, then I create an average price. Some sellers want to hold tight to the value they have in mind, and that is their choice, but often that unit will not sell but continue to drop in value.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find Kijiji only good if you're wanting to know top dollar pricing MOST times . "Dealership pricing"
Asking and selling are to completely different things.
Momma is 100 % correct.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you thinking of selling Mark?

Creating an average price from kijiji sounds almost true but don't take the total average. Most newer used sleds are way over priced. People sometimes owe more than what they can realistically get for it. It's better to create a "value" range by year. Take 8 model years and give them each a value the you can work plus or minus say $500 depending on mileage and condition from there.

As an example and these values are generalized, a 2016 Summit is used lightly for one season subtract $2500 min from purchase price to start. Then take a 08 good shape summit and come up with a figure. Let's say $3500. Eventually everything is worth "something". If a 16 is worth about $11500 you can average a $1000 less for each model year until that 2008.

What impacts those prices are model changes. The XP to XM is a desirable upgrade so XP's late models take a larger hit. From the 13's to '12 summits you will see a larger gap. T3's are more desirable and currently hold value until G4's hit the used market.

As momma mentioned the dealers in AB will blow out sleds. This screws it up further. When you can buy brand new 15's for $9000 the used market needs to reflect that and it screws the market value of used sleds. Most guys will hold onto their used stuff at that point.

When I bought my left over 14 in late fall for the 15 winter the rebates were so good there was zero point in looking at the used market and the significant increase in the current model year I would have been foolish to get that. 2 years later that sled is worth half because of things like new model releases. I feel bad for anyone who paid retail for a 14 in 14. But it's a chance you take being on the latest and greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you thinking of selling Mark?

Creating an average price from kijiji sounds almost true but don't take the total average. Most newer used sleds are way over priced. People sometimes owe more than what they can realistically get for it. It's better to create a "value" range by year. Take 8 model years and give them each a value the you can work plus or minus say $500 depending on mileage and condition from there.

As an example and these values are generalized, a 2016 Summit is used lightly for one season subtract $2500 min from purchase price to start. Then take a 08 good shape summit and come up with a figure. Let's say $3500. Eventually everything is worth "something". If a 16 is worth about $11500 you can average a $1000 less for each model year until that 2008.

What impacts those prices are model changes. The XP to XM is a desirable upgrade so XP's late models take a larger hit. From the 13's to '12 summits you will see a larger gap. T3's are more desirable and currently hold value until G4's hit the used market.

As momma mentioned the dealers in AB will blow out sleds. This screws it up further. When you can buy brand new 15's for $9000 the used market needs to reflect that and it screws the market value of used sleds. Most guys will hold onto their used stuff at that point.

When I bought my left over 14 in late fall for the 15 winter the rebates were so good there was zero point in looking at the used market and the significant increase in the current model year I would have been foolish to get that. 2 years later that sled is worth half because of things like new model releases. I feel bad for anyone who paid retail for a 14 in 14. But it's a chance you take being on the latest and greatest.

I will send you a PM

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
www.nada.com I know a few banks use this one. Plus its also whatever someone is willing to pay for it, if you list too high no one will look at it and vice versa.
I use for vehicles and boats not sure how close it is on sleds

I know many RV dealers use NADA for trade in values and it was what I used to value my last trailer I sold and I felt it was spot on for what the market would pay. Must have been good as it sold in 4 hours.

With NADA as well we benefit from the exchange as you convert it into CDN. I have never used it for sleds.

forgot to mentioned, when using NADA, don't double dip on the options. If you select say a skidoo 163 x with estart, don't also click the 163 track option and estart option, it is already built into the base value.

Last edited:

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I price units I usually go to Alberta Kijiji even though we live in BC. I'm sorry to say, because the Alberta economy has been so impacted by it's current provincial leadership many individuals and dealerships are blowing out units that effect the overall resale value of all powersport units. The difference can be thousands of dollars, from what a seller feels it's worth (based upon what he's paid or has invested into it) but the truth is in the unit prices offered in the general market place. I search out all units available, then I create an average price. Some sellers want to hold tight to the value they have in mind, and that is their choice, but often that unit will not sell but continue to drop in value.
The economy is a direct price of oil nothing more. If the PCs were in it would be the same.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The economy affects the price people can and will pay, especially if a market is flooded with units due to unemployment and an inability to afford toys that they already own. This directly influences the price dealerships will clear out units for because they can no longer afford to pay the interest on the equipment financed through GE or other financing companies and basically cut their losses. They have an obligation to each Manufacturer for x amounts of units per year. Unemployment can be directly associated with the state of economy because if nobody can afford fancy toys.. they do not buy fancy toys unless the price is right. Then the price drops. Alberta was used as an example because to date.. they were the most prolific consumer in the market place..

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pricing on KIJIJI is outrageous. I watch pricing on very regular basis and many of the sleds/quads/UTV are over priced and many of the sellers are pretty firm on their pricing. Currently many listings are priced higher than they were in the middle of the season. I am in the market for 2 sleds but I will never pay more than retail.

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
"current provincial leadership"...wtf....the cons had nothing to do with pissing heritage $$ against the wall for 40 plus years ???!!! give your head a shake

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
"current provincial leadership"...wtf...the cons pissed the heritage fund $$ away for 40 plus years , but that's ok the ab economy didn't start til May 2015...give your head a shake

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"current provincial leadership"...wtf...the cons pissed the heritage fund $$ away for 40 plus years , but that's ok the ab economy didn't start til May 2015...give your head a shake

I'm sorry, I just shook my head. I feel much shame now. I need to go sit in the box for 2 min. I was under the impression that the current Premiere Notely was not very supportive of oilfield and farming. I am an outsider looking in so I could be way off base.

slap shot.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^LOL^^ You're not wrong so get out of the box and make room for those who voted her in. Looking forward to the new carbon tax.....NOT!!!

Yeah a tax that know one really knows how much will increase fuel costs. All to help pay for more transit. Stupid.

Top Bottom