What's an Ovintiv.....Is Canada a Dirty Word?

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Losing 136 years of Canadian Oil and Gas history to the US is major dick punch to the entire country.. Imagine how hard of a decision that would have been for an Executive team, "lets change our name and move to Denver"
Watch the US news for 8 seconds - Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.. Canada lose a Billion dollar company to them.. Oh my..

Encana is a Global leader in technology and production, being Canadian doesn't get you any respect or investment so change the name and go south.. That's highly concerning on a National scale.. Be like Air Canada rebranding as Air Idaho to gain respect.. Not cool.

I've met Chris and Vivian, i've seen them both present and the message is strong.. How much money is being made on the flip side of controlling Canadian Energy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPax7r7Kv2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=48&v=X-ZWaWJZgV4

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I spent some time this am and read the news release and these are my thoughts and feelings. This is the politest way a company can remove itself from a once prosperous country. Take it for what it’s worth. If your making $20 an hour an all your buddy’s are making $40 an hour how long do you watch them live that life before you say **** it, make room I’m coming over to make $40 too.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean the people applauding the fact that they got rid of another dirty oil company?

no, I mean that I agree with what he wrote. I’m just as pissed as anyone else that gets it...and I mean gets it. How about some unemployed tree hugging reject taking a chunk of the maple leaf off our flag, painting it blue and putting it back up for all to see, what’s the difference between that and this? We are loosing our foundation our pillars of industry and the extremely great accomplishments they have made. Do you think that they might know a thing or two about industry and survival...I’d say that in all those years yep sure do, but that doesn’t matter because they’re tail lights is all you can see now.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm this is not new, to the industry. I also read this week a Canadian drilling company is moving all of its rigs to the states.

This also happened in the 1980 when Trudeau SR started the National energy program.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s tracgic for a few different reasons. It was talked about on another thread but there are lots of skilled guys moving. Yea pulling the pin on Canada. Done with it. A company like encana has put more kids thru sports, community events, AG society’s have been kept alive by the encanas. Small towns and community’s. Supported by the big boys. It’s tragic because the uninformed don’t know or care.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Humm this is not new, to the industry. I also read this week a Canadian drilling company is moving all of its rigs to the states.

This also happened in the 1980 when Trudeau SR started the National energy program.

Precision is wheels up to head office in Houston yep. Trican shares at $0.09.... Encana....funny that big fish are leaving to a smaller pond when the water level hasn’t changed in ours.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s tracgic for a few different reasons. It was talked about on another thread but there are lots of skilled guys moving. Yea pulling the pin on Canada. Done with it. A company like encana has put more kids thru sports, community events, AG society’s have been kept alive by the encanas. Small towns and community’s. Supported by the big boys. It’s tragic because the uninformed don’t know or care.
Off topic, but is it hard to get a visa to go work in the states? Or citizenship?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Precision is wheels up to head office in Houston yep. Trican shares at $0.09.... Encana....funny that big fish are leaving to a smaller pond when the water level hasn’t changed in ours.
Halliburton is closing the nisku offices.
Pink slips and packages today.
Should be in the news soon.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but is it hard to get a visa to go work in the states? Or citizenship?

no, especially if you have “support” from a major corporation. Look at how many powerline companies in Alberta are sending their guys to the USA to work. Look up Quanta Services...then find an opponent for them. Fill up your popcorn bowl, it will be a long night

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it doesn’t set a standard. If your a junior company or even long time company looking at this, it’s not good.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it doesn’t set a standard. If your a junior company or even long time company looking at this, it’s not good.

Imagine watching all of this while having a number with six zeros to the right of it with no decimal “in due” to you...

Top Bottom