What would you rather have?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess your right. A Polaris motor never has to come out. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Its just easier to do pistons with the motor in the chassis, but you can't seriously be naïve enough to believe a mod 1160 lasts longer than a stock Pro 800 motor? Or has your mythical motor changed displacement since yesterday?

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demo ride....T&T 2015 Arctic Cat m8000 m9000 viper turbo...... were the bull**** stops.... and the demos are riden... March 22 Mc bride..... be there....
plus 2014 demo Arctic Cat.... m8000 m9000 m6000.... speedwerx 925 kit....

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
demo ride....T&T 2015 Arctic Cat m8000 m9000 viper turbo...... were the bull**** stops.... and the demos are riden... March 22 Mc bride..... be there....
plus 2014 demo Arctic Cat.... m8000 m9000 m6000.... speedwerx 925 kit....

You see they know how to advertise. Go to where the action is.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just easier to do pistons with the motor in the chassis, but you can't seriously be naïve enough to believe a mod 1160 lasts longer than a stock Pro 800 motor? Or has your mythical motor changed displacement since yesterday?

If I had to change my pistons the motor would be in the sled.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You see they know how to advertise. Go to where the action is.

You're getting a cut for advertising aren't you?

If I had to change my pistons the motor would be in the sled.

Sorry I've never had to go further than that in my pro, I guess I just don't know the disappointment experienced with owning ..... whatever it is you ride.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with having something in between. my 06 rev 800 (bash if you will... seems to be what happens around here... brand wise) treats me just fine. clean sled and runs like a top. I'm not an advanced rider by any stretch but not a novice either and for a sled I didn't have to pay top dollar for I enjoy every ride. take from this what you will... have enough old sleds to wrench on and would love to have a new sled but for the sake of argument ^^^.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with having something in between. my 06 rev 800 (bash if you will... seems to be what happens around here... brand wise) treats me just fine. clean sled and runs like a top. I'm not an advanced rider by any stretch but not a novice either and for a sled I didn't have to pay top dollar for I enjoy every ride. take from this what you will... have enough old sleds to wrench on and would love to have a new sled but for the sake of argument ^^^.

Absolutely nothing wrong, just doesn't work within the confines of this argument.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong, just doesn't work within the confines of this argument.

fair enough.. I digress. to keep on track then, new. for the simple fact that technology effects so much more than the power plant. I know that that it says much more about the rider's capabilaties and input on an older sled to make it do and go where you want but if you have the option put in front of you... why not? cant imagine that $ are a factor here as moding a machine ain't cheap either!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love sleepers, nothing better than a completely stock looking sled beating up on the Purdy boy on the hill

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess your right. A Polaris motor never has to come out. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

possibly the funniest thing ive seen you post LHF i dont like brand bashing but polaris motors are bout the funniest thing to joke about thats for sure

Dnk09

Reaction score
IMO if it works and performs what's it really matter. The age the miles, mint condition blah blah blah. Looks don't make a sled perform. It's definatley a bonus to have a nice looking shiny new sled but the old carbs dialed in right still perform right along with the new. It's what you got and what you do with it that makes power. You can have all the power you can get out of something it really comes down to the rider on it that makes the sled!!!! Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom