What the .......

grizzly_guy2

Reaction score
having trouble with 2005 f7 blowing head lights all of them high and low beams what gives ??? tryed to truble shoot my self but cant find any thing.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your brake light still working? If not you may be producing too much voltage. When you say blow you mean put a bulb in and poof? Or they just don't work? Are they black?

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 had same problem. behind secondary clutch. Change soon before you burn up gauge pod and possibly ECU

grizzly_guy2

Reaction score
Is your brake light still working? If not you may be producing too much voltage. When you say blow you mean put a bulb in and poof? Or they just don't work? Are they black?

I put new lights in and they last for half hr or so. break light and guage lights still work

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to princess auto and get a cheap voltage meter and test the volatage at the headlight plug you shouldn't have any more than 14.5 volts anything higher and you are just cooking your lights and devices. :(

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the more RPM the higher the voltage test at an idle then at 1/2 throttle if reg is no good the volts will go up I have seen 56 volts ac before on a ski doo

Top Bottom