what is it? Military bike

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Civilian Version of the Hayes Diversified Technologies M1030
Can run on seven different fuels including diesel, biodiesel, JP8 aviation kerosene and other military fuel and can do 95mph with 408 mile range at 55 mph

Attachments

• 1464629_615349751866929_1822190810_n.jpg
    1464629_615349751866929_1822190810_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 211

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be a good summer commuter bike, must weigh a bit though

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a KLR 650 isn't it? I've seen a diesel bike once before but not in Canada.

meatbag... im not sure i was hoping someone on here could give some input... its is a military bike... i don't know what technology it would have to make it use diesel and jet fuel but yes i imagine its heavy but i bet it doesn't eat valves like a new 4 stroke!!! Just saying long live the 2t

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
meatbag knows his bike... looks like he's correct... its a klx650 but not the engine!

HAYES M1030 MILITARY MOTORCYCLE

military-motorcycle.jpg

Then they set out along the blacktop in the gunmetal light, shuffling through the ash, each the other’s world entire.—Cormac McCarthy, The Road
ir
When the apocalypse comes, this is the bike I will be riding. Because it’s probably the toughest bike in the world. It’s the civilian version of the Hayes Diversified TechnologiesM1030, the most highly regarded military motorcycle in the West. It’s not yet on sale, although there’s a waitlist you can get onto.
The price will be $18,500 + tax and shipping, and there are several things that make this machine something out of the ordinary. For starters, the M1030-M2 LE 670—to give it its full name—can run on seven different fuels including diesel, biodiesel, JP8 aviation kerosene and other military fuel variants. It’s based on the already bulletproof Kawasaki KLR650, but the engine is HDT’s own: a 670cc 4-stroke, indirect injection liquid-cooled thumper.
military-motorcycle-1.jpg

Output varies according to fuel quality, with the optimum being 33hp—good enough for 152 kph (95 mph). Hit the water and you’re still doing fine, because this bike has a fording depth of 610mm, so it can safely traverse water two feet deep. All lights meet military specs for ‘blackout lighting’, whatever that is, and you can even specify an infrared driving light—pictured below—which sounds like fun.
military-motorcycle-2.jpg

Pretty much everything on the HDT M1030 is not only heavy duty but also waterproof, dustproof and non-reflective, right down to the fork boots. And you can ride all day without having to refuel, because the range is 653 km at a very brisk 90 kph (408 miles at 55 mph). The only downside is that this diesel motorcycle comes in just one color: tan. But if you find yourself needing this machine, color is probably going to be the least of your worries.
[For more diesel motorcycle goodness, check out the stylish Track T-800CDI from Holland. It's the evil twin of the KTM Adventure, and it's on sale right now.]

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Just did a simple search, cause I like things simple. Here:

The U.S. Military has KLR650s modified by Hayes Diversified Technologies to burn military-spec fuels including diesel. (M1030M1) All-new engines were designed to replace the 4-stroke gasoline engines.[SUP][2][/SUP] The new engines employ the original unit-construction main cases and transmission, but with new piston, cylinder, and other components. The balancing system that is used in the gasoline KLR650 engines (to reduce engine vibration) was removed from the military diesel KLR engines. Some components of the military diesel version can be applied to "civilian" KLR650 models, such as the nonspillable absorbed glass mat battery which offers several advantages over the conventional unsealed KLR batterie

There's a lot of stuff about them out there, this is just a taste.

Top Bottom