What does warranty actually cove?

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like the title said... I know it covers the ****ty CFI engine and some of the glue that fall apart, but what else. My gas gauge is shot (always shows empty) but the dealer says it's a $50 deductible to change it out for a functioning one. I told him I'm still on warranty and it should be covered at no charge, but they say it's not covered and the part is 47 bucks. I'm not worried about the $47, but not impressed they won't cover a defect in their product

rmscustom

Reaction score
I cant believe with an attitude like that they wont help you out;) Anyways you must be off Polaris factory warranty and are under the aftermarket polariscare or whatever its called. $50 deductible is standard with that.

geo

Reaction score
lol Why doesn't it work? Not really a rocket science part. Stuck? Give it a bang. Bent? Straighten it. Float gone (doubt it)? Then spend the 47 loonies you need it

2nd year of warranty is drive train for some and all have a deductible.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the factory warranty only goes for the first year? My sled is a '13 with the standard 2 year warranty(up in Nov of this year). Guess I was expecting them to stand behind their product instead of stranding with their hand out for more of my money. My bad

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol Why doesn't it work? Not really a rocket science part. Stuck? Give it a bang. Bent? Straighten it. Float gone (doubt it)? Then spend the 47 loonies you need it

2nd year of warranty is drive train for some and all have a deductible.

the float just like to sink. Out of the tank it slides up and down without issue, but in the tank it makes itself at home at the bottom

TimG

Reaction score
Is it the Polaris factory warranty, or the Extended Service Contract? ESC's have a $50 deductible.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my fuel gauge was replaced on my 13 no questions asked, i had the same problem.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the float is probably saturated and won't float anymore. the factory warranty is only for a year. after that its an extended warranty through a third party which carries a $50 deductable.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My float does the same thing. Not catching on anything. The float just sinks. My buddies pro does the same thing. Not really sure how they get saturated. My old sled was 12 yrs old and the float still worked haha. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom