What all do you consider must haves in your backpack?

East cat

Reaction score
So what do you carry besides the given: probe, shovel and first aid kit? I also have a single burner stove, emergency food rations, small cooking pot, extra base layers, gloves, head lamp, extra socks, whistle, extra batteries, matches and flint and steel, parachute cord, flares, little blanket, emergency blanket, TP, knife, saw. What else should a person add? I tend to go with more stuff than I think I will need and hope to never use it.

You already got a pretty good list , don't do like those riders with the fancy slim backpack carrying only shovel , probe ,bottle of water & granola bars , better be fully equipped & be prepared for all situation . In my case , my backpack is quite heavy to carry , but I feel a lot more confident to go further back out there knowing I better prepare to face all kind of situation where you can only rely on yourself to help you out ,

monsterxlr8

Reaction score
Some great ideas to add to the pack.

As for me and the group I ride with the beer waits for us back at the hotel. Yes there are days that a nice cold one would hit he spot on the hill but they taste even better at the end of day after everyone is back safe and sound.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the usual stuff, I've added a thermal shirt and pants with my extra pair of socks. I was surprised how small I could get everything in a ziploc by squeezing the air out.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a small hand hatchet mounted on my xp, between the battery and can

Reminds me I need to switch it to new sled

Have used it to beat something straight more than chopping lol

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Have you got a picture of this? I'd like to mount my hatchet somewhere and don't wanna put it on my tunnel.

Top Bottom