Water in air box ??

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello I was riding today and my buddy's got a 2008 m8 and it was about 2 feet of really dry fluff and he keeps getting water building up in his air box and such, which causes it to bog is this a normal issue with these sleds and or how can it be fixed thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello I was riding today and my buddy's got a 2008 m8 and it was about 2 feet of really dry fluff and he keeps getting water building up in his air box and such, which causes it to bog is this a normal issue with these sleds and or how can it be fixed thanks
it's sucking snow in from somewhere. if there's water in his airbox, his engine is sucking in snow. that's not good. bogging is usually from when the foam intake filter gets clogged with snow, it's especially bad for us up here because the snow right now is like flour until it warms up.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's sucking snow in from somewhere. if there's water in his airbox, his engine is sucking in snow. that's not good. bogging is usually from when the foam intake filter gets clogged with snow, it's especially bad for us up here because the snow right now is like flour until it warms up.
So should I tell him to get a frog skins stuff to cover any holes in the hood and go though his intake system and basically tape all opening where snow could get in besides the airbox

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So should I tell him to get a frog skins stuff to cover any holes in the hood and go though his intake system and basically tape all opening where snow could get in besides the airbox

tell him to check the seal around his headlights

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get frog skins, don't tape up venting something isn't sealing proper

Top Bottom