Warranty VS MODS

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems like every mod i want to do to my 2010 rmk and the dealer where i got it they have something like " its going to void your warranty if you do that" and its starting to piss me off. ive heard of dealers not caring at all and then theres my dealer who tells me i cant do F*CK all to my own sled. anybody out there just say screw the warranty and start modding, or are theyre certain mods u can get away with?

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. 2302(C) states that a warranty cannot be voided unless the MOD was proven to be the direct cause of the failure. if you put a simple exhaust can on your sled and a piston blew, theyd be hard pressed to prove the "can" caused it for example

Parad0x01

Reaction score
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act 15 U.S.C. 2302(C) states that a warranty cannot be voided unless the MOD was proven to be the direct cause of the failure. if you put a simple exhaust can on your sled and a piston blew, theyd be hard pressed to prove the "can" caused it for example

The magnuson moss act is not valid in Canada, its an american law.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right. i read a little further into it and it is an american law. wont stand here in canada.

we do have the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan though. im not sure its quite the same thing but Canada has consumer protections laws that loosely follow the same standards, though not a law in place to take to court. or so it seems to me

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pipe, any can other than an slp, pc5, slp intake. that just the ones i asked about and they turned them all down, i do run a power commander and can and just take them off when it goes back for watever reason, but the pipe and intake i cant do without modifying somthing thats not so easy to switch back

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
pipe, any can other than an slp, pc5, slp intake. that just the ones i asked about and they turned them all down, i do run a power commander and can and just take them off when it goes back for watever reason, but the pipe and intake i cant do without modifying somthing thats not so easy to switch back

Agree with the other guys...new dealer...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

however you gotta be careful with these new sleds. i remember a while ago there was a thread on an etec that a guy put a can on and it was causing issues, close to meltdown if i remember right. and only made it 20 km. personally io would wait a while before trying new stuff on the new sleds let it prove itself first in the real world. jmo

jtilley

Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't change anything if it is running good. I went through 6 motors on my 800 and have been fighting with Polairs over warrenty. They say I have a pipe and thats whats is causing it but stock sleds are doing the same thing so...... Right now Polairs is at the bottom and is spending and all there attention on this new platform.

wodge99

Reaction score
anybody in saskatchewan have a good dealer?

I switched to montgomery and sons in gull lake, they seem to be easier to get along with on this issue, however i haven't had a meltdown yet, (scared to say that, seems everybody i read on here blows up after they say that).

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
running an slp pipe is a legit way to void the warranty. polaris asks for a picture of the under side of the hood. When you install an slp pipe you have to move the wiring harness to the other side of the hood. So when they see the wiring harness moved they deny the warranty. nothing the dealer can really do about that one. That is of course just for engine warranty.

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea but ive heard of guys up in pa getting there sleds and there dealers put slp pipes on right there at like 5 miles on the sled and still warranty it they just take pictures of stock hoods if something happened

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you put on a SLP pipe and can it shouldn't mess with the warranty. My dealer rebuilt my 700 with the slp pipe and can on it, i also bought the slp system from them too! Sounds like they are just Jerks! Some places are better to buy from and others are better to deal with after wards.

Rocky Mountain Rider

Reaction score
I've ran into the same thing. My dealer sells the whole SLP exhaust system but will not warranty it. They tell me they love the PCV as it gets them so much more business. I wanted to put Holz or ZBros A-arms on my sled and Beaverlodge told me that they had a customer that did, he later seized his motor, Polaris found out that he had mod'ed his sled and they would not warranty it.

Top Bottom