Waiprous?

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the dirtbiking totally shutdown in waiprous? Im trying to find maps of trails for riding as I've never been out there. Or is it not worth heading to for 2 wheelers anymore?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, you can ride Ghost/Waiparous.

Its best to pick up a FLUZ map of the area so you know where to ride. I usually pick up my maps at the outdoor/rv shows but you can try Alberta SRD or even a shop like map town. Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders is a good resource as well.

Doubt you will be able to read that one unless you print it out on 22" paper!

Here is a google map link that shows you other riding areas.

yammysnyotas

Reaction score
Waiparous is actually a bit better for dirtbikes now, a lot of the truck trails have been closed off, but there's lots of fun trails to duck into, river crossings, all that fun stuff. the falls and margaret lake are fun rides, but there's a couple of single track loops too that are long rides. The views alone are worth it.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to ride that area back in the 80's when I lived in Red Deer. Had some really good times out there. I thought it was closed years ago. Good to know it's still open.

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
:bike: Glad to see your finally getting out on your bike! Waiprous is good riding although some parts are pretty rocky and some parts are pretty muskegy. Looks like it'll be awesome weather for riding this weekend.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just at a race at fallin timber camp ground area which i think is still waiparous and the trails seemed good. what i road in the race was fairly technical but i would go back to just trail ride any day.

saw a group of guys on ktms with chain saws in back packs looks like there are some trail builders out there aswell

Brock_Landers

Reaction score
i was just at a race at fallin timber camp ground area which i think is still waiparous and the trails seemed good. what i road in the race was fairly technical but i would go back to just trail ride any day.

saw a group of guys on ktms with chain saws in back packs looks like there are some trail builders out there aswell

Yeah it's all part of the Ghost Forest Land Use Zone (FLUZ).

The guys with the the chainsaws were likely RMDRA members. They like to go out and clean up trails and map them out and put up signs and trail markers so everyone can enjoy them. Also they work closely with ASRD to keep these trails open and accessable. If you like what they do or would like to help them out have a look at their website rockymountaindirtriders.com and become a member.

Top Bottom