Vega(Klondike) Ferry

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ferry is out of commission again because of high water!I haven't seen it this high in alot of years!They have it sucked in as far as it will go and there is still about 10 feet of water between it and the bank!Anyone familiar with the ferry,the water is almost touching the steel cable tower on this side(east) where you drive down to load onto the ferry!!:eek:

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly rose pretty good I was just down there a week ago and all was normal. But i figured they would close it again after all this rain, even deep creek on the power line was to deep to cross and i haven't seen that for a few years.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
065.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

066.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And last year I was complaining that the water level was so low I was scaping my trailer hitch while going on and off of the ferry.

tjr

Reaction score
And last year I was complaining that the water level was so low I was scaping my trailer hitch while going on and off of the ferry.

They did a bunch of work to the aproach this spring so that shouldnt happen any more. Not sure how good of job they did, havn't been down there this year yet.

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn that's high. I remember last year it was steep to get up the bank once you crossed and I would scrape my mud flaps and my bumper had hardly any clearance because of the angle lol. Guess I won't have that problem this year :)

Top Bottom