Valley bottom problems

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
All sorts of scenarios dealing with the rain.....a couple of pictures from a groom on Wed, Jan. 19, 2011 on the Coal Creek trail in Fernie.

Scratchers and dipping are a necessity. Even the dipping is difficult because of the crust in the lower part of the trail.

Grooming again tonight, Fri. Jan. 21, 2011 to get the final bumps out for the weekend. The snow up top is deep and the trees are fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 176

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All sorts of scenarios dealing with the rain.....a couple of pictures from a groom on Wed, Jan. 19, 2011 on the Coal Creek trail in Fernie.

Scratchers and dipping are a necessity. Even the dipping is difficult because of the crust in the lower part of the trail.

Grooming again tonight, Fri. Jan. 21, 2011 to get the final bumps out for the weekend. The snow up top is deep and the trees are fun.

as per usual another good post thanks doug

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I see in a couple of posts that your club has 2 groomers??
1 - Br180
2 - Piston Bully with a packer pan & pulls a Mogul Master Drag (What model of Piston Bully is it?)

Do they work the same areas or are they at different places on your trails?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I see in a couple of posts that your club has 2 groomers??
1 - Br180
2 - Piston Bully with a packer pan & pulls a Mogul Master Drag (What model of Piston Bully is it?)

Do they work the same areas or are they at different places on your trails?

I drive two groomers; a 1982 PB200 and a 2001 BR180. The Piston Bulley is with the Elkford Club and BR180 is with the Fernie Club. The BR180 wouldn't handle what we groom in Elkford and sometimes the PB200 has trouble with the climbs.

In Elkford we go west on the Crossing Creek trail and on into the Bull River. We can only pull the mogul master about halfway due to steep climbs and switchbacks. The rest of the trail is groomed with the blade and a packer bar.

In Fernie we doo the Coal Creek/Morrissey trail which is east and south of Fernie. We also doo the Hartley Pass trail which is north of Fernie. Our SnowCat in Fernie could be bigger but then we would have problems with transporting and bridges.

We don't have a place in Fernie to store the Cat at a convenient location to the trail head so we trailer it back and forth.

We have finally got some good snow to work with and haven't been bothered by the rain. It sure is nice to the snow curl on the blade and in the mogul master.

Top Bottom