V-force reeds --- are these screwed

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals , I have an over fueling issue on a back up sled . 07 Rev newer engine (300km) started over fueling this year worked Great last year after engine install .
Jets are all tight , needle is still clipped and tight .
Here's a pic or reeds sitting on a light . One of the pedals has a significant gap . No cracks or chips in petals
FYI..... The sled loads up with fuel while idling then you have to hold it wide open to burn the excess off then it clears and is fine .
Thanks in advance
Terry

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it's a common v-force reed problem that we noted in the mid 90's when we were racing. The pedels need replacing.
V-force are good reeds just not durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals , I have an over fueling issue on a back up sled . 07 Rev newer engine (300km) started over fueling this year worked Great last year after engine install .
Jets are all tight , needle is still clipped and tight .
Here's a pic or reeds sitting on a light . One of the pedals has a significant gap . No cracks or chips in petals
FYI..... The sled loads up with fuel while idling then you have to hold it wide open to burn the excess off then it clears and is fine .
Thanks in advance
Terry

Summit River Lodge

yep that would do it. Back in the day when I was still 2 smoking I switched from V Force to Boyesen Rad valves. Never looked back.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on guys that's what I figured , thanks a lot , it doesn't look like pedals are replaceable on these . There's no screws . Like the stick or boysen I'll have to check out there website . I got a set of stockers I'll throw in for now and see if that cures it.

Summit River Lodge

Top Bottom