Ufa

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if UFA is a good place to buy diesel? ie, does price vary?
quality? where do they get it from? I was just looking at flying j prices and they're about 1.15 compared tp about 1.29 at others in town.

Cheers
Chris

700WFO

Reaction score
Both of these retailers purchase from Shell, Flying J is a joint partnership with Shell and are now operating most of the cardlocks that Shell owns. UFA has been a long time customer of Shell. Price will always vary by market demands, but since the introduction of Flying J to Canada, they normally have the cheapest price.

Hi all, just wondering if UFA is a good place to buy diesel? ie, does price vary?
quality? where do they get it from? I was just looking at flying j prices and they're about 1.15 compared tp about 1.29 at others in town.

Cheers
Chris

Moose

Reaction score
I drive truck in vermilion and Lloyd area and the truck seems to run the best on co-op diesel.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always used ufa never a problem and aways cheaper the the service station. Plus you well be able to charge stuff at the farm supply to.

green momba

Reaction score
Have a yukon a dodge diesel and big trucks, not always, but most of the time I get around 100km's more on petro can or shell than ufa. some times price is not the better deal. only if fuel is supplied. ha ha .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have gotten 3 bad tanks of ufa diesel over the last few years, Wasn't sure if the truck would run another 50 feet. Told the young punk at the olds stn. could have strangled the s--- out of him, not likely to go back there again, the crap they were trying to sell, I should have made the puke swallow. They sell cheap s---, and laugh when your truck won't run, said it must be the truck, just drove 50 miles and filled up at olds, Can i say po'd. Should have talked to his pop at innisfail ufa. will next time, if it happens again.
They sell summer fuel in winter time.

I'd suggest trying somewhere else. Seen a guy at the ford dealer having to drain his tank from a ufa fill up, alot of white milky fluid in a jar, I'm sure he uses different fuel now.

BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID.

gmac

Reaction score
Over the last 2 years we have burnt many thousands of liters of ufa fuel in our cat equipment, they have never missed a beat due to "bad fuel".

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel quality can be spotty at any station. From what I understand, UFA gets fuel from Shell or Esso but they are pulling theirs off closer to the bottom of the tank than Shell or Esso. Certainly is not the fault of the individual agents if they get a batch of bad fuel. A big thing is how much fuel turnover the station has. Diesel degrades less in storage than gas, but there can certainly be issues when switching from summer to winter diesel.

Also have been told that Flying J sets their fuel prices lower to draw people in and then make their money on the convenience stores and other things that they have associated with the station.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have gotten Bad UFA fuel three times once in Medicine Hat, once in Olds, and in northern ab. all three times in the late fall- winter, they sell #3 fuel or it may be something they mix up in the back alley, not sure. If you have to add a bottle of diesel conditioner to the fuel, so that your truck will run, i'd say not good. I was at the ford dealer in Red Deer and they had just drained a guys fuel tank, he had just filled up at UFA, they had a jar of some whitish crap in a clear jar. I can assure you, "it didn't come from here" is what he heard. I'll bet he doesn't by UFA fuel again. Haven't had problems with gas so far, The office uses ufa as we are all over the province and it is convenient, But i'd recommend always having a full bottle of conditioner on hand.

Be aware, very aware

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We no longer fill up with UFA diesel. Lots of crude in it (at our local ones anyway) Had to change filters alot. Even had a bad tank of regular gas.

Top Bottom