Tunnel polishing

Bearskin

Reaction score
I am considering polishing my tunnel (2010 Dragon). What seems to work the best, is there a prefered method or type of polish? How about clearcoat or wax after polishing? Thanks for the help!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I used mothers aluminum polish from CT. Its $6.99 and works excellent. I also used my 7 inch orbital for waxing my truck. that helped alot. if there is some bigger scratches use some 3000 grit car wetsanding paper and it will clean it up real well.

Work the white polish in with a fair amount of pressure, and the polish will start to turn black. Wipe off the old black polish will a new cloth and repeat.

Takes a bit of time, but well worth it. It took me a couple of hours to do my dragon 163.

Russell P

Reaction score
Watch which Mothers you buy. There is mothers aluminum and mothers Billit polish. I found the billit works better. If you can find it, the best stuff I found was called F-1 I believe. It comes in three grades. Get the medium to remove the realy heavy oxidation, then go over it again with the fine, then finish it with the mothers billit. It was a lot of work, but it gave me a reason to be out in the shop. LOL. Toughest part is doing the floor boards, the foam polish balls get torn to pieces. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing the boards?

Loudpipe

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with that mothers garbage, if you've got a peterbilt truck dealership close by go In and buy the stuff called "wicked metal polish" its in a yellow bottle, hands Down the best polish I've ever used, and I've tried probably 100 different polishes over the years.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Autosol, By far the best stuff I have used.
01e01834_375x500.jpg

I got one of them Flitz balls of off latenight TV and it works pretty good for sharp edges

buff-ball-large.jpg

Top Bottom