Trapper Lea's this weekend?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any S&M'ers looking to go for a ride this weekend? I'm planning a trip to Trapper Lea's camp ground this weekend for anyone who wants to go. I'm thinking around Friday to Monday, somewhere in that time-zone. Its a great quading spot if anybody likes mud! I've been there a few times and looking to make a trip back. (Lots of skeg, bring a winch! :d)

Two main trails (Trapper lea's loop, centre of Alberta trail.)

There is more trails to be ridden on, but these are the two bad-boys.

Directions from Edmonton:

Anthony Henday>>Yellowhead trail>>43>>Grizzly trail (headed towards ft. Assiniboine)>>Stay on the grizzly trail. Where the FastGas is, (normally you turn right to go to ft. Assiniboine, turn left and keep going down the Grizzly trail)

Eventiually you come to a sign past the river that says Trapper Leas cabin. Its a camp ground, and theres an area to unload your quad incase you forget your ramps.

There is a hall for a group meal, and fire pits.

Last time I've been there it was 10 bucks a night, and there is no full hook-up.

Its basically the same way you'd take to get to Swan Hills.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change of plans, have a Stagg party to go to on saturday. Won't leave until sunday morning. Hope this works out better for some of you.

BTW, this is a great place for :beer: and BS around the camp fire.

If your in leave a reply here! You can also PM me for more contact info. Thanks.

-Shaun.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Gonna be raining. Forecast is for lots of it. Believe under a heavy rainfall warning at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone because dial-up sucks!

Black08Brute

Reaction score
Drive by there every day and in the last couple of days they have recieved inches of rain and expecting 50 more mm (2 inch) by this time tomorrow. The muskegs will look like lakes, should be a good time.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont believe it...yer going to a stag and yer getting up in the morning..i coundnt doo it:d;):beer::beer::beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, we'll see how I feel in the morning. I usually never get a hang over no matter how drunk I get. I'll just have to stay on coffee the whole drive out, lol. Gonna need to stay awake!

And yeah, the rain will make for some pretty awesome mud. I'm going to check out a set of aftermarket tires today. I'm gonna need 'em.

So, if you guys are in, I guess it means pack a rain coat too. I got a set of hip-waders so I'm pretty much set! :d

Just gotta go out and buy some :beer: assuming I still feel the need to drink after the stagg.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a guy would have to put outter duals on his tires to get around out. it is wet! might check out goose lake saturday afternoon if anyones up for it. not to borrow ur thunder quadboy 55

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a problem, I'm not to sure if anyone is going yet. Plan is still there, I'm heading out there sometime Sunday.

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
north of ft.assinaboine to blueridge turn off. follow signs to hall. or fish lakes. same only go to christmas creeek and first turn off b4. call 780-674-0487 for better directions. to many wobbly popsicles!lol

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who went were and how was the riding other than very wet?

Sent from my iPhone because dial-up sucks!

No one ended up going. I had crap to attend to. I would like to re-schedule when more people are in. :(

Top Bottom