track tension?

sleded1

Reaction score
have a 2011 crossfire 141 1.5 track with 500miles on it, lifted it up last night to check tension because when crossing a trench the drivers sounded like they were ratcheting, track was fairly loose, about 3" of sag with 20 lb. weight on it. tensioned it up to about 1.5 sag on it, now seems like i dont have as much power, probably from resistance. common sense tells me to find a happy medium, like 2-2.5" of sag. does anyone have any advice? thanks in advance...

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lift it up and allow it to sag to about a 2 finger space with no weight on it but that is with a 153

sleded1

Reaction score
i went with manual, they want 1 3/4-2 1/2" with 20 lb on track, seems tight, im going back to the 2 finger rule with no weight on it. thanks

crowdoo

Reaction score
i keep letting it out till it rachets on drivers then tighten little bit so no more racheting ,loose is alot better imo

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should talk too t&t power sports on here... he is a cat dealer and be able to tell you what you need to know or phone your dealer ... you should set to what your manual says but hey it is up too you...

sleded1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i think i got er handled. i found a happy medium and now spins freely with no ratcheting and no power loss. ive never had a "brand new" machine before, so all my expertise was repairing engines etc. , never dealing with tracks that had a break in period for stretching. Just wait till fall till the 163 gets in,, ill probably lose the last hair on my head!!:eek:

Top Bottom