Trac-Link™ Kit (Limiter Strap)

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.. rode with a few XMs this past weekend and they had their limiter strap completely loose, as well as the springs lengthened as far as possible without rattling loose..

Anyway, the Pro doesn't have the adjustability for the limiter strap and the wheelie factor is huge with this lengthened strap.

I understand hill climbing capabilities will be worse with ski lift but the fun factor of ski lift and tree riding is more important to me.

Does anyone have the Trac-Link™ Kit installed?? If so what do you think about it and a soft suspension setup on the Pro for less ski pressure.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. My doo had adjustable straps and I always had them loose. The weight transfer to the track is a major factor for getting the track to hook up and I feel the polaris track needs all te help it can get.

I rode a XP with the T-motion upgrade and an e-tec that thing was 10 times more fun to ride just because it was catwalking everywhere. After riding the xp i tried to tighten my front track shock and loosen my rear shock right off the get it to transfer weight to the rear but it's just not the same without the adjustable limiter.

The question I have is will I need to put an anti-stab kit on it or will it work and be ok without it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also wanted to experiment but did not want to spend the money to find out I was not on the right track so I built my own. Not great pictures but it works well. Anyway limited sucess as I was trying to lighten up ski pressure but it hurt climbing more than I liked. This Poo is definately nothing like the Doo's I owned. I am now back to the owners manual that actually states that the sled will be more "flickable" by softening the rear skid shock as this is key to ski pressure. The Doo never had enough center shock pressure to act as a pivot point to rotate around to control ski pressure from the rear shock pressure. For those who are looking at the Trac-Link, I do know a guy who used it on a Pro and was very happy with it.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 271
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 269

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So.. rode with a few XMs this past weekend and they had their limiter strap completely loose, as well as the springs lengthened as far as possible without rattling loose..

Anyway, the Pro doesn't have the adjustability for the limiter strap and the wheelie factor is huge with this lengthened strap.

I understand hill climbing capabilities will be worse with ski lift but the fun factor of ski lift and tree riding is more important to me.

Does anyone have the Trac-Link™ Kit installed?? If so what do you think about it and a soft suspension setup on the Pro for less ski pressure.

Could use a limiter strap off an older polaris. My 06 has 3 holes. Just a cheap thought

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up just drilling new holes in my factory strap. it is right loose now with no change in how much the ski's come off the ground at WOT. Will be in the mountains this week to see how it effected climbing and boondocking.

knocksum

Reaction score
Polaris set this skids for climbing and not alot of ski lift. The limiter strap is not the issue, it is the front skid location. Drill the lower hole in the assault location and mount. Watch your ski lift now, you will be cat walking everywhere. It will also trench alot more so climbing isnt nearly as good but boondocking is a blast.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris set this skids for climbing and not alot of ski lift. The limiter strap is not the issue, it is the front skid location. Drill the lower hole in the assault location and mount. Watch your ski lift now, you will be cat walking everywhere. It will also trench alot more so climbing isnt nearly as good but boondocking is a blast.

Good to know.

Do you have any pics (links) to the Pro to assault location differences??

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know.

Do you have any pics (links) to the Pro to assault location differences??

lower is the stock assault, upper is the pro location.

looks like the pro has the hole in the bracket shown. but needs to be drilled out, i know for sure both holes are in the assault

Attachments

• Rear1.jpg
    Rear1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 800_pro_rmk_155_f13.jpg
    800_pro_rmk_155_f13.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 199
Top Bottom