The other Dodge 6.7 thread...

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 6.7 with smarty, dpf delete and an s&b cold air with a 6 sp manual and have found that when i run the smarty jr on the tow mode(3) my clutch will slip while pulling my 30' toyhauler if you are not gentle with the throttle on hills. i never had this issue with my 5.9 and bullydog but apperantly the 6.7 is using a dual mass flywheel and not handling the power so well. apperantly the fix is to go back to the old style clutch for around $2000 installed

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI as well for all you programmer guys. If you take your truck into a Dodge dealer and it is chipped or programmed up and they hook up the computer system for you truck it is automtically picking this up and restricting warranty instantly. Just found this out so beware.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Most programmers will leave a trace, but boxes like the EDGE will not, and the Smarty leaves no trace on the 5.9 and only a small trace on the 6.7, but if you take it back to stock, then no issues.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most programmers will leave a trace, but boxes like the EDGE will not, and the Smarty leaves no trace on the 5.9 and only a small trace on the 6.7, but if you take it back to stock, then no issues.

Even if you go back to stock there is still a warranty restriction reference via the vin number in the chrysler computer system

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Even if you go back to stock there is still a warranty restriction reference via the vin number in the chrysler computer system

Not with the Smarty on the 5.9, and 'most' dealers cannot detect it on the 6.7...

No dealer can tell the Edge has been on as long as it is removed before visiting the dealer.

Every dealer can see many of the 'other' programmers like the Bully Dog, Superchips, etc

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not with the Smarty on the 5.9, and 'most' dealers cannot detect it on the 6.7...

No dealer can tell the Edge has been on as long as it is removed before visiting the dealer.

Every dealer can see many of the 'other' programmers like the Bully Dog, Superchips, etc

I believe you are correct but I have heard that when it comes to warranty work they download the stored data in the ECM and then they check it over with a fine comb to see if there are any parameters out of the ordinary. Even the Edge will leave evidence if they decide to look hard enough from what I have read and heard. They can usually tell right away if you used a programmer, but as you mentioned it may be a bit harder for them to tell if one was using a controller type of device/devices such as the Edge, Extreme Power Puck, MP8, ect.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a dumb ? can the dealership even do anything about it? If there is no program loaded how can they say it caused the damage? Traces of a program unless are so out of wack that they would cause damage I cant see how you can say no warrenty. I think some times they just say it to see if people take it. I would tell the dealer to prove it!

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legally they have to prove it, can't refuse you warranty coverage unless its a direct result of your mod.Or so I've heard.;)

Top Bottom