The Norn's/Nancy Green Conditions (Dec 1st to Dec 6th)

schwindt

Reaction score
Hey guy's we are going to be heading out to Fruitvale (Have a home there) to do some sledding where is going to be the best conditions or has anyone ventured out yet even? Hoping your going to get record snowfalls over the next few weeks for sure. As well its my first time out this way sledding ironic I lived there for 4 years but never bought a sled, just looking for some insight on where to go, we will have 2 first time to the mountain riders hopping in with us so not looking for anything to gnarly.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ladybird shows 1 foot on the trail so far at aprox 7km, at cabin should be 2 feet maybe more. snow nightly so maybe by then you should be able to do some trail riding but will be land mines

schwindt

Reaction score
All a guy can do is hope for some great snow, anyone who is bored and is taking a ride up there those dates definitely will pack some xtra beers for ya to show us around.....

stro

Reaction score
Was up there on monday,about a metre at airport.Been raining hard!! for two days if its snowing up there itll be epic!!

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might go up on weekend. will post picks. so much rain last few days it has killed the snow down low. expect mud in the parking lots lol

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another 15cm last night at the base of norns. hills are very white. will post pics on weekend, if we ride

stro

Reaction score
heres a couple pics from nancy green area bullet.jpg mackie.jpg

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of the "bullet" sticking out of the snow on Mackie! :D I'm waiting for another couple of snowfalls before heading out again. Bent a LCA on the Dragon last weekend up Ladybird, probed 4' of snow but there were landmines all over the place from wind drifting. Those carbides really stick like magnets to rocks. :(

Traded in the Dragon on a new ProRide and I'm not taking any chances on bending it this early!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don’t blame you Koot Cat not many venturing out, need that traditional Christmas week 3 ft dump of snow!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don’t blame you Koot Cat not many venturing out, need that traditional Christmas week 3 ft dump of snow!!

we aren't heading out for the Xmas/New years week either. Last year we didn't find the snow we wanted, the year before was great.

Won't be until the AB Family Day week this coming year for our venture.

schwindt

Reaction score
Hey Fellas, going to be back out there Dec 27th through to the 3rd. We hit the Norns decent last time what a treat that place is had a amazing time. Just wondering where we can get a membership to the snowmobile club or trail pass whatever there is? And wondering if anyone needs any help hauling anything up to the Cabin on 27th? Will have 3 guys going out again. How are the conditions/trail lately? As well is there a staging area closer to Ladybird?

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
memberships at the rec center. I think they are $65 before the new year and 75 after,snow this weekend and all next week and yes the snow is very skinny up top. I heard reports of only 4 feet at the lady bird cabin and about the same at the club. I rode up sunday and the trail was in very good condition. grooming has started.

schwindt

Reaction score
Nice thanks Shiz, hopefully see ya out there one of these days! 4 ft is lots we have 0 here sucks......So to get to ladybird do you have to go all the way from the club over the ridgeline/trail or is there a quicker way? Seemed all the good snow was in between the two mountains.

MenzToys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.menztoys.com
Go up the Ladybird/Norns road,left about 10 minutes up Pass Creek road from Castlegar,just past McDaniels rd[on your right] follow plowed road to staging area about 3km. thx wayne 250-304-7920

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wayne, is the membership the same as last year - $50? Because I gave my cheque to Barry today to forward to the club for this years dues.
Kevin

Top Bottom