Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2554.jpg

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2558.jpg

I measured this one one to my sled with my changed boards and narrower corners, still 3" more foot forward position than mine. 2" more than Mtn cat

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good but I sure wish they would update some of the switches. That's just me though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Bars switches and boards. Maybe the mountain cat or limited will have this

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have one already? When did it show up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not mine no. Dealer got it Thursday. Put it together Friday. It's at mountains edge in sundre. Had to check it out, and my 16 is getting worked on there today

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Aside from the color, looks good. And I don't mind the switches. At least they're not like Poo, using the same kill switch since what? 1940?

But that color does NOTHING for me.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like what they have done with them and it will be interesting to see how the new 800 compares to the axys and 850. I think that they need to lose more weight. They weighed one with coolant and a very small amount of fluid and it was 484. and 545 full of fuel and oil ready to ride. And that was only the 153. Prove will be once they are on the snow and guys get a chance to ride them. I rode the new Mountain cat last weekend. I felt it was a nice improvement but close to the Doo or the Axys. Just my 2 cents.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also in that weight is a full tank of oil and a gallon or so of gas as well as full of coolant, thats 20lbs or more, that oil tank will take a gallon of oil easy, that is 460 dry, Ill take that weight all day, id rather have it be a solid and strong chassis and hold up to abuse than it be poo light and fold up when hitting bumps the wrong way

I like what they have done with them and it will be interesting to see how the new 800 compares to the axys and 850. I think that they need to lose more weight. They weighed one with coolant and a very small amount of fluid and it was 484. and 545 full of fuel and oil ready to ride. And that was only the 153. Prove will be once they are on the snow and guys get a chance to ride them. I rode the new Mountain cat last weekend. I felt it was a nice improvement but close to the Doo or the Axys. Just my 2 cents.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The thing is guy's Cats are heavier only on the shop floor. It has been proven and shown that in real use the Cat are the lightest sled running on the snow, lighter then Poo and Doo. No BS. The reason is because Cat has done an exceptional job on making sure their sleds evac snow and snow won't build up like the other's. In fact Polaris was the worst and in real world riding was the heaviest packing the most snow and ice.
Show room floor weight is a sales tactic and not necessarily smart engineering.
Like i have read before and truly believe A/C is the most under rated 2stroke snowmobile out there, IMO hands down a superior snowmobile.
Polaris has done well in marketing using superstars.....LOL to show off their stuff. While BRP have the best PR staff in this sport, they excel at BS.
Cat has stayed true to their customer, giving them quality with out the gimmicks and BS.

Last edited:

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing is guy's Cats are heavier only on the shop floor. It has been proven and shown that in real use the Cat are the lightest sled running on the snow, lighter then Poo and Doo. No BS. The reason is because Cat has done an exceptional job on making sure their sleds evac snow and snow won't build up like the other's. In fact Polaris was the worst and in real world riding was the heaviest packing the most snow and ice.
Like i have read before and truly believe A/C is the most under rated 2stroke snowmobile out there, IMO hands down a superior snowmobile.
Polaris has done well in marketing using superstars.....LOL to show off their stuff. While BRP have the best PR staff in this sport, they excel at BS.
Cat has stayed true to their customer, giving them quality with out the gimmicks and BS.

That video of the snow pack is bull**** I have rode all 3 back to back and have owned all 3 proclimb , axys , pro and 3 xm and the cat is by far the heaviest to throw around when riding trees and real steep side hills if you have to pull the cat back into the hill takes alot more effort then the other to! The cats stilk snow pack bad we were just in sicamous and laugjing cuz 2 cats sitting their for a beer break and both the rear shocks were sagging cuz they were so snow packed

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You are so out of touch. I have ridden all and except for Yamaha, the Cats still feel the heaviest on a sidehill. Sure they are predictable and ride the bumps well and have decent power BUT I don't care what the marketing guys say about how much snow they hold, its about 2 things, how heavy they feel when riding and how heavy they feel while trying to get unstuck.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are so out of touch. I have ridden all and except for Yamaha, the Cats still feel the heaviest on a sidehill. Sure they are predictable and ride the bumps well and have decent power BUT I don't care what the marketing guys say about how much snow they hold, its about 2 things, how heavy they feel when riding and how heavy they feel while trying to get unstuck.

Of course i am, when em i not out of touch, according to some that's normal for me...hahaha..LOL

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That video of the snow pack is bull**** I have rode all 3 back to back and have owned all 3 proclimb , axys , pro and 3 xm and the cat is by far the heaviest to throw around when riding trees and real steep side hills if you have to pull the cat back into the hill takes alot more effort then the other to! The cats stilk snow pack bad we were just in sicamous and laugjing cuz 2 cats sitting their for a beer break and both the rear shocks were sagging cuz they were so snow packed

A video????? what video. Did i say anything about a video....i don't recall. I know nothing about a video, so i do not know what your trying to imply or say??

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A video????? what video. Did i say anything about a video....i don't recall. I know nothing about a video, so i do not know what your trying to imply or say??

There is one out there that Kincaid and Mclure did.

These guys can say what they want, I don't know them from the next guy but, my riding buddies always comment on how less snow I'm packing compared to theirs. They've brought it up not me. Everyone sees things different. We don't care, we all get stuck and laugh out asses off at each other. Now Nobody riding in our group has an 850 or an axys. So whatever.
Come to think of it, 3 guys ride 2015 pros, 2 are exact 155 other 163. There is a hell of a difference trying to roll that 163 out of an auger pit, and the turbo 174 skidoo is a dirty prick as well.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to get ass time on this new ride in next 2 weeks. Looking forward to it

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to get a ride on one of these so we can hear an honest opinion or to. A can too the sound just doesn't do anything for anyone stock. I wish cat would pick up some real riders with sold talent to watch these videos of rob and dave waiting to see more on the new sled kills me those to are useless

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree some of an average rider and maybe some of some good pros. Get some video of guys like kj or Brett riding. See videos of rod and dave half them are on a small hill tranching like crazy and only reason anyone watches them the supercharger sounds good. They might be gokd at hill climb but their back country videos are ****

Top Bottom