That time of year in Idaho

Sir Rott

Reaction score
I am getting ready for hunting season and was wondering if anyone has any great tips on getting the ATV prepared for some hard mountain use?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready for hunting season and was wondering if anyone has any great tips on getting the ATV prepared for some hard mountain use?
Not much different from the usual ready to ride stuff....... check all fluids and change as needed ( oil and diffs etc....) check all breaks and cables and levers.......check all CV boots and axel shafts for signs of wear or leaks.....but I guess most important is to check all tires and rims for damage ........I use slime in my tires and it has saved me a couple of times...it really does work and will plug a hole up to and in my case over 1/4"......but use lots it only gumms up when it is in contact with air and it will give you a bit of notice of trouble...when you see the flourescent color on your tire or rim. I have also used it with tire plugs about 4-5 at one point....... it will hold till ya get home and replace the tire...... Make sure ya get a little air compressor....pick it up at walmart for about 10 bucks...... other than that....make sure your equipped with a good winch....and your buddy has a good tow strap in case something else comes up that ya can't fix on the trail.....................and oh ya happy hunting.

Top Bottom