Thanks to the person that figured they needed my primary clutch more than me!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the motor tore down today. All's that went wrong was the lower conrod bearing piled up on the pto side of the crank. A little rub on the cases and that's it. All in all not bad cause it didn't take out the cases or pistons or cylinders. That is due to the guys running it shuttin it off when they did, then it was really hard to pull over so they left it and we were plannin on gettin it out today if chopper couldn't fly yesterday.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Unreal story....I can't believe it has come down to this...Just retarded people...Makes me sick,no wonder why people dont trust others like we used to..

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, Glen. I have never met you personally, but you seem to be the type of person that would give the shirt off your back. For someone to do this, in a small sledding town, where a sled like yours is totally distinguishable is despicable.

Like others have already said, karma is a b&^*& and it will come back and bite them in the azz one day.

Reminds me of the sled (brand new at the time 09 M8 SnoPro) that was totally stripped down when a guy crashed it into some rocks at the Torpy two winters ago. Not a part worth salvaging was left, only a seat, and a few other parts. After we found it, we carried on our way and played in the next bowl over, where a group was just leaving to go back towards the stripped sled. When we came back we saw that the seat had been exchanged with one off an 07!! Geesh some people have no conscience!!

Don't know what became of that sled, but heard the previous year that some guys had to actually "bury" a broken down sled so they come back in a couple weeks to tow it out. They had to dig down 8 feet to find it but at least in was still intact.

It's a really sad day and age when a guy can't leave a sled overnight anywhere. Sometimes there is just no hope for mankind. :(:(

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these thieving scum bags will get hit with karma!!To bad aperson can't do what our old premier (Ralph Klein) said about the farmer who had the first canadian cow that had mad cow disease...Shoot ..Shovel...And...Shut-up!!!!!!!Maybe the thieving would slow down!!!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fricken Dirt Bags...gotta have some Balls! I hope like hell it blows up and kills the Foccker! I'm surprised no one on here yet hasn't said it's your fault because you should have removed the clutch before you had it heli-ed out.:d:beer:

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unlikely, but -
Maybe someone rode a sled similar to yours. Blew a clutch back in the hills. Saw yours, though, I can borrow this clutch, ride my machine out, and be back to put his back on before he comes to retrieve it....
Pulled your clutch, rode out to his, and when he got back, your sled was gone....Might explain why he had the needed tools to remove it in the field, and nothing else was taken...
Maybe I think the best of humanity...

When my superduty was stolen, it was for a warm place to sleep for the homeless guy. Didn't steal my booze, my Tim Hortons change, and only took one of my iPods. then left the truck in a spot to be found easily...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone that was in the parking lot that day will see this thread, remember seeing the heli drop off the sled and will be able to describe the thieving pricks.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unlikely, but -
Maybe someone rode a sled similar to yours. Blew a clutch back in the hills. Saw yours, though, I can borrow this clutch, ride my machine out, and be back to put his back on before he comes to retrieve it....
Pulled your clutch, rode out to his, and when he got back, your sled was gone....Might explain why he had the needed tools to remove it in the field, and nothing else was taken...

When my superduty was stolen, it was for a warm place to sleep for the homeless guy. Didn't steal my booze, my Tim Hortons change, and only took one of my iPods. then left the truck in a spot to be found easily...

Well i wish that was the theory, it is giving the benefit of the doubt which is good. But it had my phone number on the side of the hood as i had a large decal on each side of the hood for the shop here in mcbride. No one has phoned or stopped in to say hey thanks for the use of your clutch and here it is. I would be happy if someone brought it back, and if they needed it to get there own sled out of somewhere and they came and asked me i'd gladly lend it to them. I have lent coth primary and secondary clutches aswell as the computer off of my sled in the past to help guys get there sled out of the hills or the comp guys could keep ridin for the rest of the weekend.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unlikely, but -

I had my window smashed outside Madhatters last weekend, took my i-pod and left 6 pairs of clothes.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure does seem strange alright,steal the clutch and leave everything else? including the belt? I would venture to guess that someone is pulling a joke on you Glenn. Not very funny though!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pisses me off, you went out of your way and lent out your personal sled. It broke down you get it choppered out only to have someone loot your clutch.

Could be worse though, you could be in Japan.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure does seem strange alright,steal the clutch and leave everything else? including the belt? I would venture to guess that someone is pulling a joke on you Glenn. Not very funny though!

They took the belt and the clutch bolt. Left the rk tek secondary, boss seat, clutch cover, full speedwerx exhaust, boondocker box, digitron. For that matter they left the sled.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't dare touch Glen's sled for a sake of a joke, he has that thing tweaked to the nines just how he likes it.

If I seen someone stripping a clutch after a sled was dropped off, I would go over and ask what happened. He'd probably tell me some story about the primary messing up and needs a new kit or something. I would wish him luck and be on my way none the wiser.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't dare touch Glen's sled for a sake of a joke, he has that thing tweaked to the nines just how he likes it.

If I seen someone stripping a clutch after a sled was dropped off, I would go over and ask what happened. He'd probably tell me some story about the primary messing up and needs a new kit or something. I would wish him luck and be on my way none the wiser.

unless you seen a reputable name on the side i.e spindrift, then you'd question a little harder, chitty luck glen, someone's gonna get some chitty luck in return.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i was pumped today cause my new crank was to show up and i could start puttin my sled back together possibly for a ride this weekend. Then i got a call from a guy in prince george lookin for a crank exact same as mine that just showed up. He hasn't been able to ride for over a month cause he has been waitin for parts from the place he has been dealin with. And so i sold him my new crank and hopefully i will have a crank late next week for my sled.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems a little fishy, like you said they didnt take anything else that's alot easier to remove but went for the primary which, I dont know ac's that well but I cant get my tra primary off that quick, and no one saw it.

What does the chopper pilot ride for a sled? just asking.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems a little fishy, like you said they didnt take anything else that's alot easier to remove but went for the primary which, I dont know ac's that well but I cant get my tra primary off that quick, and no one saw it.

What does the chopper pilot ride for a sled? just asking.

You do need a puller to get the clutch off. And the chopper ride was about 1600.00

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I'm saying, can you pull an ac primary with a puller in 15 mins? cause I cant get a tra off that fast.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I'm saying, can you pull an ac primary with a puller in 15 mins? cause I cant get a tra off that fast.

Glen after the first page of posts was thinking the same thing as shoppingcart as the pilot would know the make and model of sled and could take what was needed .
Nobody bothering pilot when it was being picked up due to remote area.
Hate to think this but seems fishy and really brave in a parking lot with you being so well known in the area.

Top Bottom