sxm sucks

greatfanta

Reaction score
had a 2011 dodge with sirus and had no problems now 2013 with sxm and cuts out all the time anyone else have same prob

summitx411

Reaction score
Nope been good on my unit. On the factory system I take it you can't pull up your signal strength?

trailrider

Reaction score
I am having the same problem also does it in fm also. Going to bring it in and see what they say.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed likely the antenna. I have had no issues with my sxm I added to the work truck... Antenna placement was pretty crucial on that thing

Sent from my iPhone using

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's in Quesnel, BC...you guys with no issues are in the flat-lands. I found that the Sirius units worked good in the mountains and trees, but XM did not....something about the satellite elevation for the different systems. I know that they are one and the same for programming now, but seems to me there are still two different systems.

I know my aftermarket Sirius system in my last truck worked far better in BC than my factory GM with XM.

25AXLE

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as you greatfanta. SXM cuts out whenever I don't have a clear southern path. It'll cut out if i pass big trucks on the highway if they're on my south side. Not impressed.

B-Mac

Reaction score
Never had a single problem with the sirius on my '09 dodge, it never cuts out. But my girlfriends '13 dodge with the sxm is horrible. Cuts out all the time. Very annoying. My '13 f-150 work truck is good like my '09

Sent from my iPhone using

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, my 13 is getting worse but its going in for a radio update on wednsday, the radio has done a couple other weird things lately too. I just came back from round trip trough Kelowna and I was losing reception all over the place, I know about the mountains causing issues but now I'm losing it when a bus pulls up beside me at a light.

greatfanta

Reaction score
so talked to dealer say nothing they can do so called Chrysler a very annoying lady says they are working on it but will not tell me when the problem might be fixed also stated that it is sxm problem so call sxm they say there is no problem what a f in joke ****ty part is Chrysler decided not to put cd players in these rigs only patch cords for I phone music

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some reading after the wife's the XM radio in the wife's new SUV sounded like a badly scratched record. My Sirius unit in my truck works great. It's seems even though they are now the same company they still transmit on their own satellites. The XM satelites are lower on the horizon so reception in the north is poor especially in the mountains. Unfortunately you can't change the built in XM unit to Sirius. I wish vehicle manufactures would realize this when selling cars with built in satellite radio in Canada and just use Sirius. Needless to say I didn't renew the free 3 month trial.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xm gets worse the further north you go, mine cuts out steady :realmad:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. Had fords with Sirus and now Gm with XM.
XM is terrible and keep telling them that when they call.
They keep telling you they are working on it. Over a year and still not any better.

Top Bottom