Super clamp sale

brad6

Reaction score
Was at PA today here in Saskatoon, they had the rear clamps there today for $90. There was a about 10 boxes left. I was looking for front clamp but no such luck. I'm gunna hold out and see if they go cheaper for the rear clamp, $90 is still too much IMO. Have the front clamp already and well worth the $$. Will stick to the ol'Ratchet stap for now...

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at PA today here in Saskatoon, they had the rear clamps there today for $90. There was a about 10 boxes left. I was looking for front clamp but no such luck. I'm gunna hold out and see if they go cheaper for the rear clamp, $90 is still too much IMO. Have the front clamp already and well worth the $$. Will stick to the ol'Ratchet stap for now...

Once you start using the rear clamp you will find its easily worth the $90. Holds your sleds way better than a ratchet strap. You can lock them too unlike the ratchet strap.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you start using the rear clamp you will find its easily worth the $90. Holds your sleds way better than a ratchet strap. You can lock them too unlike the ratchet strap.

I'm not being a "hater" or anything,but I kinda look at securing a sled like a trucker.
You need to secure your load by pulling down on it as well as pulling it ahead and back.
My sleds arent worth anywhere near what most of your guy's are. and I would never just
secure them to a trailer with just a clamp pulling down.I never understood when guy's only
use super clamps what is stopping your sled from moving ahead in a hard breaking situation?
Too bad PA had a way better clear out price last year compared to now.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not being a "hater" or anything,but I kinda look at securing a sled like a trucker.
You need to secure your load by pulling down on it as well as pulling it ahead and back.
My sleds arent worth anywhere near what most of your guy's are. and I would never just
secure them to a trailer with just a clamp pulling down.I never understood when guy's only
use super clamps what is stopping your sled from moving ahead in a hard breaking situation?
Too bad PA had a way better clear out price last year compared to now.

I have hit the snowbank doing 80 and it stopped pretty f'ing quick. Sleds didn't move one bit.

I have see a truck that hit the ditch and the sled deck and 2 sleds where secured together 50' in front of the truck up side down.

On a trucker note, when you low bed you just keep the stuff from moving. Look at pretty much every accident situations, when a truck hits the ditch he usually always looses his load.

When strapping the rear of sled down its a lot more secure and less movement by securing the skid down vs going off of the tunnel with a strap.

Top Bottom