Super chute 300 M1100 T belt life fix???

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Ok anybody with an 1100 T running close to 300hp with a 3" track and has no premature belt life issues please lemme know what you've done.

I'm running a 2012 with an Evo super chute 300 kit, 174/3" with a 13 primary and Team Tied secondary..full vent kit, jack shaft support brace, motor-stopper TCL delete, reverse gear delete Hyvo chain and gears but unfortunately 40-60 miles is the most before one grenades. I love the handling and power of this sled pulling the big stuff out west but reliability is ridiculous when it comes to belts. I'm thinking about trying a TAPP primary and seeing a dealer about a full driveline alignment but any help or info on what others have done would greatly be appreciated..thx guys

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Since we worked on your sled there has been a lot of data supporting some sleds having parallelism issues. There are multiple posts on other forums about this. These sleds will have perfect alignment with a bar between clutches but the vertical axis can be off. This is just as bad as misalignment horizontally but rarely found in sleds of the past. I suspect this is the case with yours. Other sleds that had belt issues we dealt with were remedied with a Team, or an engine stopper, or a jackshaft brace, or stiffer motor mounts, or a combination of any of those, no different than yours. The PC chassis has been challenging to work on with these problems to say the least but a lot of unbilled time was put into a few different sleds thru our shop last winter in the pursuit of getting these gremlins out of the chassis. There is no warranty reimbursement for this, we are just trying to get it right for the Cat customers. We thank all the guys that had the patience to let us figure these factory issues out, and so do our customers that have come after you guys.

I would like to be able to finish the build the right way now that we have more seat time and data on these sleds since we last worked on yours the middle of last winter. At this point there is nothing to lose as any of those parts we put on your sled to address the belt issues (engine stopper, jackshaft brace, and Team clutch) haven't cost you anything. The best solution is to divorce the motor from the jackshaft with a true TCL delete and use the upgraded motor mounts which have adjustment for alignment built into them. The jackshaft brace would come off is the only thing that changes from what you have now. Of course the Team might not be necessary but it is a serious performance upgrade from stock even if it did operate correctly. I'm sure I mentioned before we did try a TAPPS clutch on yours in testing with no better luck than your stocker, but I put a new primary on off my sled just to be safe. Great clutch but won't fix your problems.
Call or text me when you want to get this looked after. As you know first hand unfortunately, no one has more time into these issues north of the border than me. Just want to get you on the snow proper.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this is one of those instances where more gooder is required!
Sounds like your so close to the finish line but frustration has over come you, have done alot of reading and research on this and the TCL divorce does seem to be the cure when all else fails. Waiting for winter to come so I can see if all the minor fixes are enuff to cure my sled or if I have to go the TCL route myself.
Plus havent met anyone peddling aftermarket stuff as devoted to customer satisfaction as Gene is.
Seems like your in this deep one more leap of faith isn''t really asking too much.
Hope you get it figured as the Evo products take the fun factor in Cat sleds to a whole new level.
just sayin

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok anybody with an 1100 T running close to 300hp with a 3" track and has no premature belt life issues please lemme know what you've done.

I'm running a 2012 with an Evo super chute 300 kit, 174/3" with a 13 primary and Team Tied secondary..full vent kit, jack shaft support brace, motor-stopper TCL delete, reverse gear delete Hyvo chain and gears but unfortunately 40-60 miles is the most before one grenades. I love the handling and power of this sled pulling the big stuff out west but reliability is ridiculous when it comes to belts. I'm thinking about trying a TAPP primary and seeing a dealer about a full driveline alignment but any help or info on what others have done would greatly be appreciated..thx guys
I have a 2012 m8 turbo & also had belt issues, not quite as bad as yours. Brent at Arctic Edge changed my plate out with his machined plate with a motor offset. I am not running a cat belt anymore not that it was a issue, my belts are slightly longer now. I put about 700 mtn km's on since the new plate & still on the same belt. May be worth a call, hope this helps, cheers

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 m8 turbo & also had belt issues, not quite as bad as yours. Brent at Arctic Edge changed my plate out with his machined plate with a motor offset. I am not running a cat belt anymore not that it was a issue, my belts are slightly longer now. I put about 700 mtn km's on since the new plate & still on the same belt. May be worth a call, hope this helps, cheers

Agreed I think Brent has got this figured out! I was speaking with him last season about this problem. He had quite of few of his hardcore riders testing this before he would release this to anybody! One thing I have found out about anything linderman is that he doesn't half ass or release anything until it is proven. If anything give him a call and pick his brain about it.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic Edge does have some reccomendations for getting alignment on 1100T corrected.

Top Bottom