summitric

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was wandering how many members of this site [snowandmud] are members of the ASA we noticed that 80-90% of alberta sleds in BC have no ASA stickers does this site promote or encourage sledders to join road with a group of guys from edmonton and area and i ask them why they wouldn't join answer because they don't ride in alberta my guess is that 50% of all sledders are not members

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Asa Members

Hi Arnold.... Our Group Of About 10 Sleds Are All Asa Members And Most Belong To The Ft. Sask. Snowangels. You Probably Need To Direct This Question More Towards Ron(rknight111 On This Site) As He Is The Administrator/founder Of This Site, And Maybe He Could Make A Poll On The Site In Regards To Who All Are Members Of The Asa And Why Or Why Not???

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I personally am an ASA member, its only $60 or $70 per year, and all that money goes back into snowmobiling, and part of it to my local club. I personally feel that it is money well spent if you love the sport.

Stevo

Reaction score
I'm not an ASA member. As a matter of fact, I did not know it existed until talking with Ron in Valemount last weekend.

There is no club in my area and the vast majority of my riding is in BC.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

i was wandering how many members of this site [snowandmud] are members of the ASA we noticed that 80-90% of alberta sleds in BC have no ASA stickers does this site promote or encourage sledders to join road with a group of guys from edmonton and area and i ask them why they wouldn't join answer because they don't ride in alberta my guess is that 50% of all sledders are not members

Hi again Arnold: I wouldn't judge by the stickers on the sleds, because myself and all our group of at least 10 sleds, no one puts the stickers on the sleds. several have them on their helmets, or like I doo, I put them in a baggy in my storage unit on the sled(don't want to scratch the paint). I know this site promotes the ASA, because the bulk of our club is even on this site, from time to time. I personally have only riden in Alberta a handful of times, as my sleds are all first and foremost mountain sleds, but I have been a member of the Ft. Saskatchewan Snow Angels and ASA for almost 10 years now. This site even has ASA club specific threads and posts, so I wouldn't prejudge this site too quickly. I wish I had closer areas to ride, and more time on my hands, but work does not allocate me an option like that. Hope to meet you some day, heard lots about you. thanks summitric:)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Maybe Snowandmud.com could offer membership discounts to those who belong to the ASA......

Hi again Arnold: I wouldn't judge by the stickers on the sleds, because myself and all our group of at least 10 sleds, no one puts the stickers on the sleds. several have them on their helmets, or like I doo, I put them in a baggy in my storage unit on the sled(don't want to scratch the paint). I know this site promotes the ASA, because the bulk of our club is even on this site, from time to time. I personally have only riden in Alberta a handful of times, as my sleds are all first and foremost mountain sleds, but I have been a member of the Ft. Saskatchewan Snow Angels and ASA for almost 10 years now. This site even has ASA club specific threads and posts, so I wouldn't prejudge this site too quickly. I wish I had closer areas to ride, and more time on my hands, but work does not allocate me an option like that. Hope to meet you some day, heard lots about you. thanks summitric:)

Top Bottom