summit sport

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on the Summit sport? want honest opinions no bashing and no magazine opinion. lol thats how i started looking into it.
thinking 5g+ or so to get the wife what she wants or just spend the extra couple g and get her brand new with warrenty. lets hear what you all think.
msrp is only 9g for a 600.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 600carb only comes in a 146". If you are comfortable with that its not a bad deal.

Really the sled is just as good as the SP, the only major difference being the available engines. Is e-start something she would like? I don't think you can get it on the Sport. If its not an issue, no big deal.

I know with my girlfriend, should we go riding and something happens to me and she needed to get the 800 started its a bit of a challenge for her to get it going as she is only 100lbs. with not a lot of upper body strength. She really likes the e-start. The 600 can likely be pulled over a little easier.

Another issue is if she rides with you into terrain where you would benefit from having an 800 with a longer track to get the sled out of should she find herself a little overwhelmed.

Has she ridden an XP before? The 600 sport does have a slightly wider stance. Some people consider the XP a little top heavy when not used to it. It is meant to ride with a more aggressive rider position.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
she is moving off an edge chassis poo. rode my rt last year and loved it, wont ever be in the big hills so not much of an issue there. e sart would be nice though.

Skinnykid

Reaction score
I was at the dealer on Saturday. They had a 2012 p-tek 800 sport 154" on the floor. $10800 out the door. IMO if you ever go to sell the 800 will be the better option. If she liked the RT she will love the xp!!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer on Saturday. They had a 2012 p-tek 800 sport 154" on the floor. $10800 out the door. IMO if you ever go to sell the 800 will be the better option. If she liked the RT she will love the xp!!

Where did you see this sled? My dad may be interested in a new one at that price.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you see this sled? My dad may be interested in a new one at that price.
if he is interested pm T-team directly and he can hook you up with a fair price. he gave me a decent price but the wife ended up going with a 06 sno pro. it should be good for where we ride. good luck.

Top Bottom