Suggestions on proper/best sand tires for dunes?

AndyBaily

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2008 can am 450 DSX and a 07 KTM 125SX. I was hoping to make a trip to Rexburg Idaho this summer with both of my toys and have no idea about what kind of tires I need to have on them. There are a million different dune tires, any suggestions for either my quad or my bike? Thanks guys!

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if money is no object, padla brats with the comp cut are supposed to be chit. Next would be the skat trak haulers or extremes. This is only based on my research I haven't ran any of them yet. Just the itp sand stars, which are a 8 paddle. The "serious duners" shun the sand stars, they have worked for me for two seasons and have taken alot of chit. Common mistake people make is they over paddle ( sandstars) For the 450's a 6 or 7 paddle is the ticket. The bike .... Your on your own lol. But I'm sure the same applies. I wouldn't go putting a 10 or 12 paddle on it.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go on the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC website they have both atv and dirt bike tires.. just take your pick!!! here are some tires you don't want on your atv!!!
AMS Sand Snake, AMS Aerospeed, AMS Sidewinder, Duro Dune Blaster, Duro Sand Blaster and Kenda Gecko..... bad dune tires!!!! many of the Skat~Trak are good and the ITP Sand Star and Maxxis Razr Blade are a big seller because local dealers can get them in! the Skat~Trak have to be order online.

Last edited:

Mikehunt

Reaction score
Get the skat trak haulers they are the lightest and work the best for climbing. The sand stars work ok but they are alot heavier and you will probably lose about 5 mph climbing the big dunes with them. Just wait till you go down to rexburg and goto rexburg motor sports and they will hook you up with some. I think a good set of haulers tires and rims will be 300-350 there they have used ones from time to time. I would get front tires also for your quad they make quite a difference , the float alot better and steer better, the cheap single mohawk ones work fine

Top Bottom