sucker for punishment

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, coming home from McBride I could feel a very sharp tooth in the back of my mouth. Like one was chipped or broke. as the week went buy that sharpness disappeared and there was no pain. However as much as I dread the dentist, I did book an appointment for Feb 21st.
Then on Feb 13th, the night before heading back to McBride, pain kicked in.
I spent the weekend popping pain killers. At this point I figured I lost a filling. So extra strength Advil and clove oil.

Came home Monday and the pain was worse. So skipped work on Tuesday and went to my dentist. Turns out the top right wisdom tooths core had popped out. They gave me an anti biotic and told me to keep taking the extra strength Advil as needed. I took 20pills yesterday and the pain would not go away.

Anyways they are yarding that tooth tomorrow. Said for the 1st 24hrs to take it easy. I told them I am going on a snowmobile ride in Whitecourt on Saturday. Dental hygienist said that shouldn't be a problem just don't do anything stupid or too over exerting.

I hate the dentist in the first place. I got a strong gag reflex and I let them talk me into just geing frozen for its removal. "you'll feel pressure not pain" they told me.

Anyways anyone else go riding day after they got their wisdom teeth/tooth yarded? How much hurting am I in for?

Any other suggestions on pain killers? Dentist said Advil is best for dental pains. But I'm popping them like candy.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well your face is gonna be swollen some ,so that might be a problem getting your skid lid on.

I had a dry socket to. That sucked.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had two wisdom teeth pulled at the end of a 70 day hitch in High Level about 10 years ago... Got em pulled at 10am... was back running sideboom tieing in a wellsite after lunch... Its sucked but I think John Wayne said it...if you're going to be dumb you'd better be tough. Lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once.They knocked me out to do it(thank goodness)and I was a whiny little bitch for about a week.They called it a "difficult extraction" I think they used a hammer and chisel!Plus my chest was sore so I assume that's where he braced his knee while tugging on pliers.I fawking hate dentists.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got all of my wisdom teethe pulled at once with just freezing! It a peace of cake don't worry about lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont be alarmed if all your friends call you ole yeller for a week or so. HaHa.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my top left molar pulled last year. Local freezing was all they did. He wrenched around for 15 minutes before breaking it apart. It finally came out after that. I still have my wisdom teeth, the dentist said they're an easy extraction compared to the molars. There was a little discomfort for a few days, but no pain.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove to Black Diamond and back with an absessed tooth last year in a snow storm to buy a sled. Worst pain I've suffered through since the garage door incident. Advil didn't cut it for me either! I hate dentist's too, but he was my best friend that Monday morning!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove to Black Diamond and back with an absessed tooth last year in a snow storm to buy a sled. Worst pain I've suffered through since the garage door incident. Advil didn't cut it for me either! I hate dentist's too, but he was my best friend that Monday morning!

So if advil didn't work... What did?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had 4 (6) root wisdoms pulled. Bone grafting and 9 (19mm) implants done in one procedure. My face was swollen and black from the eyes down. The only thing that helped with the pain was T 3's. I had all my lower teeth ripped out in a work accident. Now if I go to the dentist I never get needles. Spent so many hours upside down in that chair I can sleep while getting a big filling. I did take a week off riding after my surgury

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had two lowers pulled out before noon and was water skiing before supper. bit of swelling for a day, think it was the rye that helped the pain the remainder of the days off.
I never have had pain issues associated with dental work though

• Thanks

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggest watching The Return of the Pink panther....or was it The Pink Panther Strikes Again (original Peter Sellers version of course). The one where he dresses up like a dentist to get into the castle. Hahaha.

• Love

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love those old Sellers movies. cracks me up.

I suggest watching The Return of the Pink panther....or was it The Pink Panther Strikes Again (original Peter Sellers version of course). The one where he dresses up like a dentist to get into the castle. Hahaha.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't bad at all. Mouth is still frozen, see what happens when the freezing comes out.
Took less then 2 minutes and went good. never even felt the "pressure" so being brave, booked an appointment to pull the other 3 out near the end of March.

Top Bottom