Stolen Quad: 2008 Renegade 800 X

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still getting all the details as the machine was at my Dad's shop and I am not sure yet what all has been taken. Sounds like the theft included multiple quads, and an enclosed 30ft trailer. However unlikely, I figured I would post a pic of the machine for guys to keep an eye out. It's likely being hauled in a white, 30 foot enclosed trailer.

I will post more details/pictures as they become available. This is really gonna throw a kink my my summer plans! :realmad:

My Quad:
1cGIG.jpg

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
that sucks the big one Chad, hopefully it turns up quickly for you!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That quad stands out pretty good, I'll keep an eye out for it, anything else that makes it unique?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That quad stands out pretty good, I'll keep an eye out for it, anything else that makes it unique?

it's got a 1500lb winch mounted on the front using a custom designed bracket. The rear bracket for the license plate is broken. Most other noticeable changes are seen in the picture above.

Honestly, I expect it to be in pieces in some chop shop and parted out... It was stolen along with two newer Grizzly's.

My only hope at this point is that my insurance is generous...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
it's got a 1500lb winch mounted on the front using a custom designed bracket. The rear bracket for the license plate is broken. Most other noticeable changes are seen in the picture above.

Honestly, I expect it to be in pieces in some chop shop and parted out... It was stolen along with two newer Grizzly's.

My only hope at this point is that my insurance is generous...

call the most expensive parts supplier you can find and get a quote for all your add-on's, tires, rims, winch, bumper (insurance doesn't need to know it was custom) etc. Then submit that to them when they go to do the claim.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you think they just pushed the quad out of your dads shop?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They broke into the enclosed trailer that housed my quad, and pushed two other quads out of the way to get to mine. They then loaded it into another enclosed trailer that they also stole and took off. They had to break into the locked yard to do all this, so it feels like they knew what they were after...

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They broke into the enclosed trailer that housed my quad, and pushed two other quads out of the way to get to mine. They then loaded it into another enclosed trailer that they also stole and took off. They had to break into the locked yard to do all this, so it feels like they knew what they were after...

ya you did the most important thing to protect your toys, out of sight out of mind. they must have known or saw you move it in that first trailer

PonyboyCurtis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This pisses me off! get a job losers! I had my dirt bike stolen a couple years ago. I live in a really rural area. Turns out I went to school with the thief, he knew what I had and where I lived. He fawked up and kept the bike but painted it black. one year later I seen it and got it back. layed a whoopin on him, but I shoulda went to the cops instead. I will keep an eye out. sweet rig.

silverstarind2010

Reaction score
Hopefully you get your machine back, we just had 4 atvs stolen from west of Rocky earlier this week, The RCMP recovered all of them up on the Sunchild, 2 out of our four Atvs had been rolled i believe the frame is twisted on my wifes KQ 450. Its amazing how much you can wreck something in very little time as the machines were missing around 24hrs. Hopefully the repair shop can find all the damage on the Atvs and they should be repaired good as new i hope.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
considering the effort put into moving two other machines to get to mine, I have a strong feeling they took the machines to be parted and sold. The 30 foot enclosed they stole had room for 5 machines, and they only took the 3 newest machines and left the 2 old ones.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
considering the effort put into moving two other machines to get to mine, I have a strong feeling they took the machines to be parted and sold. The 30 foot enclosed they stole had room for 5 machines, and they only took the 3 newest machines and left the 2 old ones.

I've got my eyes on Kijiji for ya my friend.

Top Bottom