starter add

nailbender

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 800 summit andwould like to add an electric starter. It looks like it is prewired but don't know, can anyone shed some light on what I need to do?

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not completely pre-wired but there is a connector near your battery that will connect to your solenoid. You will need to buy a solenoid, battery, wire harness, starter and ring gear. You can go here and find the parts for your sled.

The hardest part of the install was putting in the starter's lower bolt, that is until I found that by removing a little plastic panel near your shock will allow you to install the bolt quite easily.

I bought a starter setup for my wifes Summit, I think we paid $250 on DooTalk dot com for everything except the ring gear which we bought for another $125. I just replaced her battery last week and that was $110 as well. It's not a cheap setup but the wife sure likes hers. I'd also recommend you save your old battery and capacitor in case the battery for your e-start dies, then you can at least swap it out and still be able to ride until you get a new battery.

Top Bottom