St. Albert and area riders

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
St Albert got hammered and so did Namao to a lesser extent. It's as good as it could be without any base.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. I was out last Sunday and it was still pretty rough but enough to ride. That snow melted before this dump. I wish I had stayed as it would have made a nice base. Too bad.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am new to St Albert/Sturgeon County. As stated there is a riding ban south of hwy 37 and West of hwy 28. But there are a ton of sledders out in the fields here. How much do they enforce the no ride zone because sure has me itching to just ride from the garage :cool:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am new to St Albert/Sturgeon County. As stated there is a riding ban south of hwy 37 and West of hwy 28. But there are a ton of sledders out in the fields here. How much do they enforce the no ride zone because sure has me itching to just ride from the garage :cool:

I live just north of 37 wast of 28. Like you say lot of people still ride over there. I avoid the area most times, but I do ride the ditches along 37 and 28 and venture in along the river from time to time. I agree use common sense. Stay clear from houses, don't ride late at night, don't run a loud can, watch out for hay fields and other areas that may still have crops out. Basically keep a low profile and be respectful if you do go in there. I've been riding the area since I was a young buck. I haven't seen any enforcement but I've been told others have.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the county was going forward with the ban, some folks in the crowd at one of the meetings stated that the river was under federal control so the county had no jurisdiction over it. My wife sits on the Namao agricultural society board and apparently the river is not a free ride zone so be aware that you can be ticketed in the banned zone if you are on the river!

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Northeast Edmonton, but work on the base. If anyone wants to go for a ride (morinville, st.albert, etc) we should post up a staging area and perhaps a time, maybe when the snow will actually stick around? Been driving out around the roads north of the base in the last couple days, and seen alot of sled tracks. Is anyone thinking about heading out on the weekend?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow got pretty thin north of hwy37, hopefully with the warm weather there will be enough to ride on next weekend ,need more snow.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will check my Boys hockey schedule at his game tonight. If the snow is still around and I'm not at the rink I may be in for a ride. I'll get back to ya later Barnes

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no worries, i've got hockey on sunday night, but should be available during the day (sat, sun or mon). I should probably fire the sled up in the next day or two, and take the loud can off and put the suitcase back on.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should bring this back up. Snow is piling up. I have taken Friday off and plan to ride around home during the day. Have a Christmas party during the evening. If anyone wants to come let me know.

SummitRider2014

Reaction score
Hey, anyone around Clyde/westlock wanna do some riding this weekend? Heading out tomorrow I think, should be a little fresh powder!

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom