Snow Watch

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunny and +16 on this side of Renshaw today Judy. It'll come boyz; it always does.:cool: Gonna watch a couple sleddin' vids and a hockey game in the garage tonight while I do a little minor tweaking on the Aces High ProClimb. Gotta have a little something extra for Glengine every year when I roll into McBride.:p:beer:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up at the new Fernie cabin last week and there was maybe a inch or two up there.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucille today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,156

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Currently snowing at higher elevations, but nothing in town yet. Snow line has come down quite a bit, and we are expecting a dump of snow in the next few days. I will post as soon as we have anything worth getting excited about.
Anyone got new snow updates?

Sent from my iPhone using

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks! A group of us are planing on coming up Friday, not expecting much for deep snow, just hoping enough to ride.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wait at least another week. Alot less than last year at this time. barely enough to lube the sliders! FYI.
Thanks! A group of us are planing on coming up Friday, not expecting much for deep snow, just hoping enough to ride.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Nobody has been up there yet that I know of. There have been amounts of snow falling at higher elevations and there is snow in the forecast. You may be trailering a ways up the trail before you hit decent snow. The deactivation ditches have not filled in yet. Not trying to discourage you, but unless we get a huge dump in the next couple of days, you may be wishing you waited a bit longer. Lucille will be rocky for sure. Belle not so bad, Renshaw is a big old question mark. I think the first deac is about km23 but you should hit snow before that.

Last edited:

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, we have been doing early November trips for many years now and haven't been skunked yet. This may be the year :) and yes the deactivation ditches do suck lol. Makes for a good challenge. Our group will have to talk our options over (Revy or Mcbride), but all of us love riding and staying in Mcbride so it may be a hard sell. All your input is helpful and come Monday there will be pictures. Bad day of sledding beats a good day at work!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
Well, our snow has finally arrived. A bit of a blizzard here today. Of course it has been snowing at higher elevations this past while, but this is the first we have seen in town. Barry wants to go out this weekend if he can find someone to ride with and should get some pictures. If anyone is coming out to play this weekend, let me know where you are staying and I will pass it on to bbtoys.

dwight3566

Reaction score
Any word on the trip and / or conditions? We are planning a trip for the 20th and still not sure on Mcbride, Valemount, Or Revelstoke. Pictures would be awesome.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming down from renshaw now. Will post more after we get some food in us but here's some pics till then. Was a 20min trail ride to the tree line. Then 3hr battle to push up through the trees to cabin, so many trees across trail. 3ft snow up top but no bottom. Will not be going there tomorrow as the trail is not ready. I'm sure we filled in a lot of holes between trees and coming down it had set up nicely, but we beat us and our sleds up good today. Broken throttle and bent bars were the only casualty of the day. Up top we played at the cabin but any time we ventured further was hitting rocks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom